I finally got a CZ 75

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Budasac, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Budasac

Budasac New Member

After a few months of searching for a CZ locally I finally picked up a CZ 75b yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    I wanted an 85c but I settled on the 75 since that was all I could find.
    I picked it up at 4:30, was home by 5:30, ate , showered, and at the range by 6:45. I didn't have a whole lot of time but I couldn't wait to try this baby out.
    I brought three different types of 9mm with me to test. I started with 147g American Eagle. They were grouping OK but hitting left of poa by about 5". Figured the sights needed adj and decided to stop wasting ammo. Then I loaded up some 124g rounds just to see. I was gonna just use a little Kentucky windage and aim to the right of the bullseye but decided to rest the gun and see where the round goes. Surprisingly it was dead center. The 115g Winchester was pretty much on target as well. Guess it just doesn't like the heavier round.

Here's 2 of my 3 targets for the evening. Everything is shot one handed at 75' -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I had one or two get away from me while trying out the DA.(trigger feels like it's about 12 pounds). Single action was nice but with a little too much creep. Over all I'm very happy with it. Once I get some more range time with it and maybe improve the trigger a little I think it's gonna be a heck of a shooter.

[​IMG]

2. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

Congrats on the new gun!

3. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Congrats !!!

Its going to be your favorite !!! Stick with the 115gr for the range...My CZ 75-SP-01 Tactical is the straightest shooter ever...and its really just a 75B with bells and whistles...

Again, congrats...

4. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I will eventually have one, or a clone

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

5. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

I have a PCR on the way with night sites. So pumped I order two sets of grips for it already. I am a fool.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

6. Budasac

Budasac New Member

Thanks guys. I really like the way it feels. The DA trigger is absolutely horrible but the safety is set up so it can be carried "cocked and locked" like like a 1911 so it doesn't really matter I guess.

I took everything out tonight and cleaned and polished the internals. It feels a little better. I may take it apart again and put some stones to the sear.

[​IMG]
    I'm gonna get some more 115g ammo this week and head back to the range this weekend. I should have some much better targets to post then.

I'm also gonna order a set of grips tonight and I have a feeling Cajun Gun Works will be getting a portion of my paycheck in the near future.

7. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

From the research I have done the CZ triggers need about 500 rounds of break in, and then maybe a trigger job. Some smooth out and work great, but some need help. A small price to pay for a really reliable firearm with great accuracy.

8. Easy_CZ

Easy_CZ Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on your new 75 Bravo. CZs are sweet shooters.

9. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

One reason CZs are so accurate is that slide has a much 'shorter' profile. As soon as I figured out I needed to move my non-trigger hand up about 1/4" from what I was used to with other full-sized pistols, I started getting results like this every time. I am an OK shooter but no competition marksman by a long shot. I cannot shoot this well with any other semi auto pistol I have either owned or shot. I have the CZ 75 BD Police (decocker)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  10. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Now your talking

That's the way mine shot, right out of the box...I was stunned !!! As to the trigger, I didn't have that issue...Now I cant even recall as I have about 500 rounds through it already ...I do know that I have cleaned and lubed it completely (several times - once after each shoot) so perhaps that is why my trigger feels good.

I agree, it is my best shooter and I have described it as almost like cheating...LOL

11. KHickam

KHickam Member

CZ 85 or PPQ

My girlfriend is gonna buy me a pistol - we went out to a gun show and looked around but decided to go to LGS because I could not find a single PPQ at the Show and she loves the PPQ but really likes the CZ too - in the end it will be up to me but the PPQ just feels awesome and the CZ does too - not sure which one I will get wish I could have both of them

What are your suggestions - I will carry them for work and concealed and I absolutely need an utterly reliable gun that I can bet my life on

Suggestions?

12. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

If reliability is the number one criteria I'd go with the CZ only because of long term track record. I own a PPQ and it has been perfect from day one, but PPQ's haven't fired as many reliable round as the CZ over the years. But I also like the get both idea. That idea is always good.

13. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Go with the CZ 75

You will be amazed...have you shot them both ?

14. Merlin40

Merlin40 New Member

I'm picking up a CZ-75 P-O7 Duty in .40 later this month. Hard case, two mags, and it has the de-cocking feature. $400 out the door. I've heard good things about this gun. I'll keep you informed on how she shoots.

15. KHickam

KHickam Member

No, I have not - just liked the feel of them both and the PPQ trigger seems very nice

Decisions

16. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Ok, I'd like to amend my statement. Now actually after having shot my new CZ Compact 75 PCR I am i pressed with the trigger right out of the box. The SA pull was much better than I expected. With only 200 rounds down chamber I am happy already. The DA did cause me to have a few fliers, and I would lime to improve on it, but before I panic I'll try to get about 800 more rounds through the gun. But all in all everything on the CZ was much better than what I read while doing research.

17. Merlin40

Merlin40 New Member

OK. Got the CZ 75 P 07 Duty in .40. Not to shabby for 50 ft. I'll get better

Attached Files:

18. Mercator

Mercator New Member

(Deleted by me)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  19. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Good deal...

Knew you would be happy...don't expect ALOT of change from the DA. It is a long pull for a very good reason. Safety in my mind. kick her into SA and wow..

My Saturday shoot - 20 yard marker - 60 ft. I use the dirty birdy's because if I don't, I cant tell where I hit on the dang paper targets..I can definitely tighten those groups at 10 yards. But I happened to snap a picture ...LOL

Attached Files:

20. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

that's nice shooting.