I finally found a Glock that Doesn't feel "wrong" in my Hand

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by DrFootball, Jul 10, 2014.

1. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Too bad it's the New Glock 42.... But I did also Handle a 41 with a 3rd party custom grip also. I Hope they put that Grip on the Next 9MM they release,..Darn it sukks getting old, I forgot the name of the grip...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I looked at some gen 4's the other day. The 26 still is not but it did not have the spacer in place. The 17,21 and 22 felt just about perfect. Need to try on the 19. I have been seeing problem reports on the gen 4's with heavy trigger pull and reassembly issues. I did not try the triggers and just made sure they were clear.

3. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

The only problem with Glock and Glock imitations is that it is like carrying around a normal pistol in condition zero. One false move with the trigger and BLAM !!! there goes your leg.

4. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

Never make a false move with a trigger.

5. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Condition zero ...

Actually..it depends..

First, it does have the trigger safety so one should never be un-holstering and grabbing the trigger...but I understand some my be concerned that it could catch on something (depending on the holster)

But second, no one says it has to be carried with a round chambered..if not racked, you can pull the trigger all you like, nothing is going to happen.

I know, I know, what about the split second it takes to chamber a round...but seriously folks, lets be honest...unless you are an LE or live in a REALLY REALLY bad neighborhood, do we really all need to carry locked and loaded ?

I would worry more about carrying my CZ than my Glock..why ? Because if I chamber a round, there is no safety..and since it is hammer fired, the hammer is exposed pretty much with any holster.

I look at it this way. If you need to be split second ready, then you risk with a Glock or similar. If not, you get a gun with a safety..simple ? :p

BTW - Just as an aside. I have a Safariland paddle holster for my Glock. It covers any chance of me accidently catching the trigger and the gun cannot be pulled away from me as it locks but is drawn EASILY with a simple move thumb catch...even the guys that run the range really like the holster

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I carry a G19 most of the time. I actually carry the G19 in my pocket. I have an adequate holster that covers the trigger and keeps pocket debris out of the G19. If my pants have small pockets I just carry a smaller pistol. I use a DeSantis pocket tuk holster. The Pocket Tuk is more versatile than the Nemesis. The pocket tuk does a better job of holding the pistol in a perfect position to draw. Plus the pocket tuk has a clip to use the holster IWB or as a pocket clip. The Nemesis just looks cooler than the pocket tuk.

7. DrFootball

I've always preferred Safety Catches for just that reason,..but hey,...that's just me

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

That split second can get you killed. I might not be here if I had not had one in the tube. What happens if you are jumped and you have to pull your weapon? How are you going to rack it when you are fighting off an aggressor?

9. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Over the years all the pocket sized pistols I have owned didn't have a safety or the safety was so cumbersome I didn't use it. I have yet to shoot myself. I have drawn my gun in a struggle (Cobra Derringer) without it firing. Fortunately I didn't have to use the gun.

It is very seldom I have had to wash my own clothes. None of the women in my life have shot themselves. Some of them had little experience with firearms. But they had enough sense to get my pistol out of my pocket without grabbing the trigger.

My current wife has no problem getting my Glock to kill a copperhead. She has more experience with firearms than a lot of men. She isn't comfortable carrying a Glock just yet but she will get bit by the Glock bug in the next year or so.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  10. toddchaney

toddchaney New Member

It's good you find the gun that suits you. Glock has been my all-time favorite.

11. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

Isn't that with any weapon, finger off the trigger, your fine all day long

12. G30USMC

Whaaaaaat, Doc got a Glock, excellent :D

13. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Doc, didnt you read the Rolling Stones piece that said Glocks are one of the top 5 most dangerous Firearms? You really need to sell that and get a nice safe Daisy its FOOG! (Ha, ha)

14. DrFootball

Actually it'll be MzGrn's, but I'll shoot it also. Unless she likes the Bersa better, she will never carry a 9MM or bigger unless she Has too. She CAN do it, but it's not comfortable for her unless it's a Revolver. At least she Shooting, and she 's good, so why ruin a good thing. The whole thing came out of the commercials that KC Eusabio does with the Black haired ga, she Said "She is a better shot then me? Just because she can snap that slide like that and shoot 5 rounds in 2 seconds??" And I Said " Basically, Yeah,...." And she said "Heck No!! Not better then this Cop's Daughter!! ",....so a beast is born I guess,...and the only way to get that good is to practice,...

15. G30USMC

You should come join us on Glock Forum

16. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

We'll the glock 42 can not be bought in California, so I am getting ready to buy a g26.
    So far though people seem to be pleased with the 42 though I usually would not want a 380 but bring it is a glock I would like to own one.

17. DrFootball

Heh sarge,..funny. We didn't get it yet,...not till the end of the year,...

18. armoredman

armoredman Member

Defiant One, I respectfully strongly disagree. A firearm chamber empty is nothing more than a very expensive badly balanced throwing rock, unless you have both hands available to rack the sidearm. If you ever watch any videos of how fast things can go bad, you might understand that the time you need to focus on drawing your sidearm, concentrating on using both hands to chamber a round, then acquire a target, is just not likely going to be there. You're free hand will likely be used fending off an attack, (look up "defense cuts"), or trying to keep the thug at arms length while deploying your sidearm. Just the facts, sir. If you feel you are in a safe enough area you do not need to carry hot, you probably could just leave it at home completely. Remember, a sidearm is for emergencies, and emergencies tend to happen at high speed.

Back to the OP, you are absolutely right - back at NRA '09 I finally found a Glock that fits my hand perfectly, too.;)

[​IMG]

Sorry, I couldn't resist...and my son still has it.

19. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Amored man...I agree

And thank you for keeping it friendly..I LIKE that....I agree because it really depends on each persons situation (area, job, etc.). The likely hood of me being in an area, at a time, when I need that split second is so very unlikely, I could just leave it at home. In fact, I do. I have a different carry weapon with a safety and not racked.

If I did carry my Glock and did need it to be racked, I could do so and (in my opinion) pull it with no fear of shooting myself in the leg...I just don't get that finger in there until I need to. But it does add a % of danger.

But lets look at it this way...whether you rack a chamber or have a safety, if you need to be ready in a split second, BOTH offer challenges. The guns I have with safeties are not exactly easy to POP off if I was struggling with someone. SO my choice is

Go locked, loaded and ready to dance
    Add a measure of safety and give up a split second

It really is up to the carrier...Thanks !

20. armoredman

armoredman Member

Without going into details I am not allowed to offer, we recently had a minor disturbance where I work. A less-than-lethal munition, (not OC), had to be discharged, which helped to end the situation. Many injured,(by each other, not the munition), a few seriously. Total time of incident from start to end...1 minute. I had to watch it a few times to check the time stamp. Of course, that is probably the most dangerous place in Arizona, other than a WalMart parking lot at night. ;)
    I chose decocker sidearms, hammer at half cock, (where it's designed to be carried by that maker), and no safety except the Mark One Mod One Primary Safety Device located about 1 inch behind my eyeballs. Yeah, it REALLY isn't perfect, but it came pre-installed, what can I do. :D All kidding aside, that's the way I do it, and the way I do something is never exactly the same as anyone else, otherwise this would be one BORING world!