I drew an Arkansas Elk tag! Yes!!!

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by glock2740, Jul 3, 2010.

1. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

I found out yesterday, that I drew one of the 20 tags for an Arkansas elk hunt. I drew a cow tag, but I'm not complaining. It's still an elk tag. We have some really nice bulls, so I'll at least have a chance to see a few, but just won't be able to shoot one. Oh well. It's pretty cool, that I'll be able to go elk hunting less than 2 hours from my house. :D Finally have something to use my .300WBY for now too. :D

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That's awesome!! I would love to be able to go on an elk hunt. Moose is fairly high on my list as well. When this goes down I demand pictures.

3. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

Oh, they'll be plenty of pictures :). I keep telling myself, that I was better of drawing the cow tag, because the cost of a shoulder mount for a bull elk would probably be a chunk of change. ;)

4. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Hell yeah! Congrats! I hope you get one.

5. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

Thanks. I hope I get one too. Looks like a new freezer may be in order. I had just made enough room in my freezer for a couple of deer and a hog. But, if I get an elk, even a cow, that's gonna be a bunch of meat! I've already had a few buddies waiting on some meat :) Damn bums. Can't they just go get their own elk? LOL!

6. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel-I drew a Ky bull elk tag myself! Good luck!

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

You lucky effers! Congrats on drawing the tags. I will pay $25 per tag. Send them to Skully, as I don't want anyone hurting themselves caping out that big animal. Plus, I hear the meat is worthless and tastes like shat....LMAO!

Good luck and good hunting. *envy*

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations! Have a great hunt.

9. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

Cool. I hope you get a biggun'.

10. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

LOL! :D Yeah, elk meat sucks. It ain't near as good as opossum or armydiller meat. ;)

11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

You and Stalkingbear are going to have a fun time elk hunting. I have always shot cow elk,no room for a bull mount in the house,and they cost about 4x more where I have went hunting.

Good luck with your hunt.

12. patret

patret New Member

Mr. Glock,

I worked is Fayettenam for a couple of years on North Levertte. I still miss Tims Pizza.

Good luck on your elk hunt.

Patert

13. patret

patret New Member

I was transferred a lot and now live In Magnet Cove Ar. where the boys are boys and the girls are to.

Patret