I don't think pink should be on any gun

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by akm47nagiont, Mar 2, 2012.

1. akm47nagiont

akm47nagiont New Member

Heck I've seen a 22 with with dora the explorer on it

2. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

kinda scary to make a firearm look like a toy though i dont know maybe not.

3. akm47nagiont

akm47nagiont New Member

I think it's a stupid idea to make a firearm look like a toy

4. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

i do agree i thought that the first time i saw i believe charter arms pink and light blue .38spls

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

A gun shouldn't look like a toy at all but I do think the colors have brought in a different kind of crowd into the shooting scene. Who knows if it crosses a hot liberal chick over into a more conservative gun toting hottie....I'm all for it.

6. unclebear

unclebear New Member

the sad part is I saw a 40 year old man shooting a 1911 hot pink with Sugar Momma written on the side, if I had a cell phone I would have taken a pic. (I don't own cell phones I think there evil), I agree I use to be big into airsoft and my I had a M4 style rifle looked just like my Colt M4 my older brother picked up the real gun and started messing with it. I didn't even realize it till he asked where does the battery go I want to go shoot it. This was the real M4 had a half loaded clip in it, I did have a new flash suppressor on it that I made that I hadn't painted orange yet.

But some colors I agree with like OD green, or tan, maybe even a little black and red but not pink, not hello kitty, or dora, or hell even scooby doo. I think that guns should be different colors just not the same colors as toys. I know it really shouldn't take a genius to figure out that one's a toy the other isn't but **** happens and sometimes it can kill.

7. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Definitely not kitty or Dora but the scooby do AR that's hot...lol

8. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Girl Power

I don't mind 'em if that's what they want at all.

Attached Files:

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

i disagree pink is a great gun colour. some of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

in the back you can see my pink mosquito

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  10. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Jon;
    I presume you are a woman?
    That 10/22(?) is friggin' sharp -- laminated wood in colors are just so cool.

11. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I used to think the same thing, but a custom pink glock got my wife into firearms, and now I get to shoot and buy a whole lot more toys.
    Since having this done up for her, i've been 'allowed' to buy a new AR15, a mossberg 500, and an old 1908 ithaca sxs....it's a sacrifice i'm willing to make.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  12. JonM

JonM Moderator

nope but my wife is.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have gone shooting with Jon. He is definitely a man. And that pink 10/22 is absolutely gorgeous.

I put as much pink on my guns as I can. :)

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

im not a glock fan but thats a pretty sweet colour scheme. maybe ill have a similar thing done to my xdm!!

15. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

I think in a world where too many control freaks are trying to restrict our guns, that we should not become part of them by trying to restrict a color, shape, style, brand or anything else. All guns in the right hands are good guns.

I would rather own a pink gun, than no gun at all.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  16. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit New Member

I have a Raspberry Ruger LCP. It's beautiful. I emailed Ruger every day before I bought my SR9c to see if they were going to come out with a Raspberry one. I think they blocked my emails.

John, how or where did you get a pink scope?

17. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Some guns actually look good in pink. Maybe not that AR, but some others do.

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

its a leupold custom shop VX-II 3-9x33mm Rimfire EFR. i ordered it anodized pink from their custom shop its got target knobs. cost more than the damn gun by a good bit. i ordered it online and got a call from the head of the custom shop about a month later asking if i really wanted it pink LOLOL. the box even has my name on it as special made for me hehe.

they anodized it then put it together.