Firearms Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not with this Sig P220 Equnox in my safe. Not a bad Wednesday morning. I like big holes in my targets. So easy to clean too. The old Government Model is getting dusty.

馃榿

Registered
I suppose no one really needs a Government Model. But it fits me and my style better than any other semi-automatic pistol, that is what I will carry. I have a deep and warm feeling for revolvers as well. But I still like heavy calibers, and I shoot them almost exclusively double action, so I stick with S&W revolvers (older ones by choice). I do have to put aftermarket grips on them, and my hands are not crippled.

If you like SIG, be my guest. The bore axis is too high and the safety device is counter to my liking. You'll not mind if I choose another handgun.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suppose no one really needs a Government Model. But it fits me and my style better than any other semi-automatic pistol, that is what I will carry. I have a deep and warm feeling for revolvers as well. But I still like heavy calibers, and I shoot them almost exclusively double action, so I stick with S&W revolvers (older ones by choice). I do have to put aftermarket grips on them, and my hands are not crippled.

If you like SIG, be my guest. The bore axis is too high and the safety device is counter to my liking. You'll not mind if I choose another handgun.
That's why there's more than one model or brand. My Government Model was the first pistol I ever bought at a real live gun shop way back when. I'll always have a love for it. The deal I got on this SIG was the only reason I bought it, man I stole it. Then when I took it to the range I fell in love with it, more so when I found out how much easier it was to take it apart and clean it.

Registered
That's why there's more than one model or brand. My Government Model was the first pistol I ever bought at a real live gun shop way back when. I'll always have a love for it. The deal I got on this SIG was the only reason I bought it, man I stole it. Then when I took it to the range I fell in love with it, more so when I found out how much easier it was to take it apart and clean it.
One of my EDC's is a Sig and it never FTF's and eats anything. I consider it dependable enough to carry which is a big statement from me. I think there will always be room in my place for revolvers. I like them and there are some very high quality one's out there for not that much money.

Premium Member
Not with this Sig P220 Equnox in my safe. Not a bad Wednesday morning. I like big holes in my targets. So easy to clean too. The old Government Model is getting dusty.
Had a buddy, years ago, who shot a SIG P220 in IPSC competitions whenever he wanted to flog his carry rig to see what it could do. His targets looked roughly similar. Of course, he also had a "race" gun that he used in the "open" competitions. The groups on his targets, with that thing, were embarrassing given how tight they were.

I always found the grip circumference far too large for me, on the "big" SIGs. I did much better with the Browning Hi-Power 9mm, though even that was a big large. (Kahr K9's more my speed, size-wise for the hands.)

Nice P220, there. Gotta love good performers. "Keepers," when you find them.

Registered
I also have a slight preference for the nice Single .45 Sig over my 1911s, especially when it comes to carry (Which I don鈥檛 do often with either, but the edge goes to the Sig.) Both the 1911 and the P220 are natural pointers for me. The lighter alloy frame and the DA/SA with decocker are my favored configuration for carry. (I just like the point and click interface better than a manual safety).

I did update my P220 with a short reach trigger and a set of Sig low profile grips to really get it to fit my hand. On a 1911 I tend to prefer an arched mainspring housing and slightly thicker grips to get it to fit my hand best. So both pistols can be tailored a bit for fit.

Congrats on a good pistol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts