I don't know why.

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Zamzow, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Why buy a 9mm when u can go 40 cal which has stopping power and penetrating power. Or buy a 45 which is nothing but knock down power. 9mm r pointless to me.

2. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

For home or self defense i pretty much agree with you. But 9mm is a lot of fun to shoot, i carry my 1911 everday but my 92fs goes with on every trip to the range.

Although loaded with jhp +p rounds a 9mm can do quite a bit of damage.

3. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

I agree that it can do plenty of damage. I think they r a good gun for beginners or for women. Rather have a 40 or 45 any day though.

4. PlaysWithZombies

Absolutely, i'll stick to my .45 for self defense.

5. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Why not just buy a Desert Eagle 50 and take out everything?
    Why not just buy a cannon and take out the whole block.
    Why not just buy a nuke and take out the entire city?

Why not just buy a .22 auto and feel safe enough?

6. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

My shot gun for home defense my 45 for back up defense my 40 for just in case and my dog to let me know where they r. Lol.

7. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

I agree. Why not. Why can't I own all that. Why not. Who is to tell me I can't have those.

8. PlaysWithZombies

I don't know about where you live, but around here most BGs are on either pcp or meth. Let a pcp freak bust into your house and see how safe that .22 makes you feel then :rollseyes:

9. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Doesn't matter how much pcp Ur on one shot to the head and Ur down. You must not know much about Some .22s they can be very powerful. my buddy has a old style 220 swift. Very fast powerful round. Snipers wet dream for a .22

10. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

11. PlaysWithZombies

First off, there's a difference between 220 swift and .22, the projectile is the same diameter but the swift has a bit more velocity.

Second of all, if some guy on pcp breaks into your house in the middle of the night, are you gonna be able to pull off that head shot in the dark while they're coming at you? Maybe, but not likely.

12. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

That has been proved false on many occasion. .22's have high lethality rate, but very poor incapacitating rate. Seen this qith my own eyes, had a buddy in high school that was shot in the head while driving by some punks, didn't even know he was shot for awhile, eventually died from his wound but several hours later. His story was featured on the show "cops" I was told its on youtubbe now look up Tommy Bias.

13. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

True that I'm just saying that the 22 gets no credit but yet its the only round that has been known to ricoche (spelled that wrong) through the body. It truly is a dangerous round. No its not a huge round but its deadly in its own way.

14. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

Not finding it on u tube.

15. PlaysWithZombies

I'm not arguing about it being dangerous, hel a .177 pellet can be dangerous. But for defensive situations it's all about stopping power, and the .22 simply has none.

16. PlaysWithZombies

I remember that episode of cops, f'n crazy man. I've heard stories like that all my life but never actually saw it first hand.

17. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member

True it doesn't and yes in home defense its all about stopping power. However if that's all u have its better then nothing. Lol. Fire all of then reload and fire all of them again.lol.

18. 73wiseman

73wiseman New Member

I'm former law enforcement and curently work Security. I carried a Glock 22 and Glock 23 while on duty. That's a bit much for me when I'm not on the job. The kel tec pf9 is so light and compact you don't even notice it.

19. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I carry a 9mm when not home. Shot placement is what dictates how a scenario is going to play out 90% of the time, not how large a caliber you are firing at them. If you train on a regular basis shot placement will come along with muscle memory, muscle memory can take a 1/3 of the stress out of a situation for the shooter. Point is, I wouldn't get all caught up in how big the rounds you are firing, I would worry about where they are going because when all is said and done you are still responsible for where everyone of those fired rounds land.

20. Zamzow

Zamzow New Member