Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found another smoking deal on a A1. That is two in ten days! Whoopee!

Very lightly used, very deep discount. I am beginning to think the people don't like real guns, you know, the ones made of steel and wood, anymore.
DSCN7782.JPG
DSCN7738.JPG

·
Banned
1,796 Posts
"I don't know dear, someone just put it in my truck when I wasn't looking."

yeah, I can see that going over big with the little lady. :D

nice scores, just need a USGI .45 to add to that collection :)

·
Premium Member
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"I don't know dear, someone just put it in my truck when I wasn't looking."

yeah, I can see that going over big with the little lady. :D

Mine either. I learned 51 years ago that i am not smart enough to lie to my wife.

nice scores, just need a USGI .45 to add to that collection :)
You are absolutely right. My son has a 1915 Colt that was upgraded during WWII. I helped him get it a couple of years back and I am trying to talk him out of it, but no luck.... I just hate to have to come off of $1500.00 when I already have 5 A1s.

Maybe I can find someone who has a damn nice one and is boning for an SVT-40.

Reactions: W.T. Sherman

·
Premium Member
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: PaBushMan

·
Administrator
25,995 Posts
I don't know dear, someone just put it in my truck when I wasn't looking.......

As we say in the South- that dog don't hunt.

Try the same thing she does with clothing.
"What? This old thing? Why, I've had that forever..."

Especially useful if you already own a similar firearm.

·
Premium Member
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know dear, someone just put it in my truck when I wasn't looking.......

As we say in the South- that dog don't hunt.

Try the same thing she does with clothing.
"What? This old thing? Why, I've had that forever..."

Especially useful if you already own a similar firearm.
I could walk into the house empty handed with my best deadpan face and she would ask me "What did you get this time?" She really doesn't care, the gun thing keeps me out of her hair.

Reactions: c3shooter

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nice looking gun! 10 days.. I wish. Just put a deposit on a Dan Wesson Valor with a somewhat rare blued finish. My smith will be done with it in 12 to 18+ months. It will be worth the wait. I don't currently own a 1911 in the Prophet's caliber, this one will be it.

Reactions: Rifling82

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
Nice looking gun! 10 days.. I wish. Just put a deposit on a Dan Wesson Valor with a somewhat rare blued finish. My smith will be done with it in 12 to 18+ months. It will be worth the wait. I don't currently own a 1911 in the Prophet's caliber, this one will be it.
Dan Wesson...... Someday one will be mine

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Dan Wesson...... Someday one will be mine
IMHO, the best value in the mid range 1911's. Lots of deals on used ones, shop around. This will be DW#2 fro me. Will be my first DW customized by a smith...

Reactions: Rifling82

·
Premium Member
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice, cant wait for the range report. Assuming there will be one???
I have shot the Defender a little bit. It shoots better than I do. I have a 10" gong on my 50 yard line. I was able to hit it about half the time with the shorty. It has been so miserably hot and humid here in the deep South that I have been hold up in the AC, and my wife won't let me shoot inside the house.

But, to answer your question, yep, I will post a range commentary when I get the chance to shoot the A1.

·
Premium Member
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What is he doing to it?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
What is he doing to it?
Not sure yet. He is booked for a while, so just getting it 'in line'. It already had front and rear checkering, and DW uses pretty good parts... I know I want a true radius trigger job, flat trigger, top slide serrations, probably French boarder on slide, maybe ball cuts. Still thinking about other stuff, not sure. Of course a nice new blued finish for me to put holster wear on. ( I am a sucker for blued steel and wood on guns)

Of course, if my smith advises any parts changes or work for accuracy, will probably get that done.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
On a fishing trip, two guys checked into a motel to clean up. Getting ready to shower, one notice the other was wearing red ladies' lace panties.

"When did you start wearing red panties ?""
"When my wife found a pair under the seat of my truck."

·
Premium Member
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You do know he’s really a Republican secretly trying to drive up the value of his collection!
The truth is, I am trying to convert over a hundred bolt action rifles to handguns that will be easier for my wife to deal with if I suddenly check out. It is easier to find buyers for nice handguns than it is for obsolete military rifles. I am cashing out rifles I have bought over the years. I am only keeping the best of the bunch for my own gratification. I am still keeping the gun money in the collection, just changing directions a bit. It is a new, fun direction to go with my hobby; and it is keeping me out of the bars and whorehouses. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts