I didn't need another gun...

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by dgray64, Mar 24, 2010.

1. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

I was in Temple TX yesterday and happened upon an Academy Sports. I had to stop and look at the pistols, didn't I? I looked at all and after fondling a Taurus 92 9mm, I turned it back even though the price was good, $429. The salesman handed me the PT-101B which is the same pistol in .40 S&W. Hmmm, felt good, fit my hand. The price tag showed $379, but he said "its on sale for $299" Wow, it really felt good! I took it home. I cleaned it, and ran 100 rounds through it. It's a great shooter and very accurate. I have a new favorite gun.

Dave :);):p

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congrats Dave. New guns, whether used or new are always special. Enjoy that rascal.

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

One of the very few Taurii I'd consider owning (I've had a couple). I actually prefer the frame mounted safety on the Taurus to the slide mounted safety on the Beretta...

4. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Good prices always make me smile. It's that word "sale" that gets me in trouble.

5. JoeParker

JoeParker New Member

Congrats on the new gun! You can never have enough guns :)

6. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

+100 on that JoeParker, I just wish my wife understood that. Yet when I bring up the fact that she has almost 50 pair's of shoes, she does not like that. But oh well. what can I say but "I am just a guy!" :D

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Hard to turn it down at that price.;)

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That's great! Now where are the pics? :p

9. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

As your sublect line suggests, "we never need another gun" But we always have to have another gun :)

Very good deal on the Taurus.

10. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Sorry. I didn't have a picture at the time I posted. I took it out again yesterday and is still shoots great and straight. Darn wind was really blowing, but the sights work very well. The only thing I think I will change is to hit the front sight with a dot of florescent paint to make it stand out. Still love it!

Dave :);):p [​IMG]

11. Win73

Win73 New Member

Everybody needs another gun!

12. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Or a bigger gun safe because you have already filled up the other 2!! :D JUST do not tell my wife.:eek:

13. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

New guns are always the best. =)

14. Deadman1

Deadman1 New Member

Very nice, Congrats! :cool: