i didn't mess this up

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by old fart, Apr 14, 2014.

1. old fart

old fart New Member

several days ago i saw a ruger stainless security six for $200 at a shop, it had been used alot but was very decent, i waited till the next day and when i went back it was gone. i felt so bad letting it pass by me. well i didn't make another mistake, i found this online and met the guy in person, its a blue ruger service six 357 magnum, doesn't look like its been shot much, a little blueing at the barrel tip where it was carried is about all the wear. i took the pachmayer grips off as they are a little big for me, gonna get a set of compact grips off ebay. ok enough talk here she is. i got the gun for $150, what a deal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. old fart

old fart New Member

i'm gonna get grips for this, do ya'll think spare parts are needed or wait till i need them? thanks

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

you made out like a bandit! great score on a great pistol! lucky dog!:D

looking forward to seeing it with the new grips.

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Looks like a really good deal.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

just a guess, but if it's not been shot a lot, it probably doesn't need anything. purely a guess on my part though.

6. Mercator

Mercator New Member

More holster wear often means fewer rounds thru it. You can replace the mainspring while at it (a piece o'cake in a ruger), maybe try a lighter one (test it for light strikes) Congrats on a (probably) great deal ---- the proof is in the shooting!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  7. JonM

JonM Moderator

Empty it cock it hold the hammer back and at the same time pull the trigger keeping the hammer rearward, while doing that try and wiggle the cylinder. If there is no movement your prolly good to.

There isn't much to wear on a ruger. They are rugged as hell.

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

If that gun goes "bang" at all you did good!

9. JW357

JW357 New Member

Awesome deal.

Someone call the cops. This guys a regular thief.

Congratulations on your new wheel gun. Let us know how she performs.

10. JW357

JW357 New Member

I think this is probably true as well.

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

"Spare" parts? A case of ammo. Not much else needed. Rugers are tough revolvers. You will likely NEVER wear it out.

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

If the pistol has a nice firm click when it locks up he has an heirloom. Like others have said there isn't much to go wrong with a Ruger. I wouldn't buy into that mess about practicing with 38 ammo and shooting 357 ammo for SD. The gun is going to shoot about a foot higher with 357 ammo. Shoot what you plan to use for SD.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Lucky you. Good deal, indeed. And a beautiful revolver.

14. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

You've been had!! Dammit, I hate to do this, but if you'll PM me, I'll see to the safe recycling of that POS for you!:rolleyes: