I did this?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Bob Wright, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

O.K. most of ya'll know me, I think. I like guns chambered for cartridges that are .4X or so, big heavy bullets, lots of flash, roar and muzzle jump, the fire breathin' Single Actions.

Well, went to a gun show recently, thinkin' I find something I could afford for when my grandson is visiting. He's already won his spurs with my Ruger Single Six, and thought I'd get him something else to learn on.

Well, danged if I didn't stumble upon this:

[​IMG]

It's a Ruger, of course, Model 2245 Mk. III in .22 l.r. I have to get my wife to sneak in to buy cartridges, couldn't show my face buyin' those puny little cartridges.

Shot to point of aim at twenty-five feet, right out of the box. Don't really care too much for it, but have to break it in for his next visit.

Bob Wright

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is an excellent little pistol Bob. I am betting the boy will be burning through bricks of ammo before you can turn around. :p

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Great little gun. Never saw one setup with those grip panels before - must be newish as all the 22/45s I've ever seen just had a poly grip frame...

4. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Yeah that's the new model. I was watching something on youtube about it the other day.
    From what I understand, it will work with 1911 grip panels.

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I like it. I know a fella was making some kind of kit to mount grip panels but if these use stock 1911 panels - good. My only gripe about the 22/45 was that the grip was way to thin for me and using grip panels will fix that...

6. amoroque

amoroque New Member

I have the same pistol except with a shorter bull barrel.

Boy they sure are accurate arent they!!! ;)

I'm never embarrassed to buy those little 22's, I can shoot all month for the price of one box of ammo and I can laugh all the way to the bank!!!

Your grandson is going to absolutely love it! :D

Good buy!!!!

7. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Congrats and nice looking 22/45! I suspect you're going to be "breaking it in" quite a bit more than you thought. Everybody comes full circle back to .22s sooner or later. I've got to where I shoot .22s more than every thing else put together.

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I like it! Now to see if I can get one for the collection.

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Nice pistol. You're a good Grandpa. :)

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I like those much better than the mark III's. Great buy!

11. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

It IS a mk3 style. The only difference is the replaceable grip panels.

12. pumpkinball

pumpkinball New Member

22's are great. Those are probably the most respected 22 semi auto. Most competitions are full of shooters using those guns because of the accuracy. CONGRATS!

13. rugermatt

rugermatt New Member

nothing wrong with shooting tin cans with a .22 and a .45 lc isn't really what you want for killing squirrels. i think you will like this gun as much as your grandson will, and he will always remember shooting it with you. good buy on the best semi-auto .22 on the market.

14. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Looks really nice. I'm sure your grandson will love it :)

Always wanted to try a .22 pistol, but my club doesn't shoot the sort of competition that would allow me to own one with a legal & genuine reason.