I did something evil in a former life

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by c3shooter, Nov 23, 2010.

1. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I am certain that is it. Probably stole the ruby from the eye of the idol, and kidnapped the nubile daughter of the high priest. Now I am being punished for it.

Traveling a lot, you can get "bumped" on an oversold flight. Sometimes, you volunteer for a bump- travel plans are such that I can get there 4 hours later, etc. Sitting in my computer bag are a couple of vouchers for free round trip tickets anywhere in the US. My plans had been- January, when the weather is a touch yucky, snag a week in Key West, do the Jimmy Buffet thing, toes in da water, pina colada in hand, sun on my back.

Notice I said "plans had been"? Got email today. Have some mines I have to go visit in January. One I fly into Missoula MT and drive over into Idaho. The other I fly into Juneau AK, and take the boat. Both in Jan. DAMN!

I ought to quit whining. It could be the North Slope of AK or Great Slave Lake uranium mines in Canada in early Feb.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

that bites. not only do you have shtty traveling weather you get fisted by the tsa too... got your man grease ready??

3. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Good lord, there is a mental image for ya :p

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans. ;)

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Be sure to tell the TSA Agent how lucky his boyfriend is after your "pat" down if you have to endure one.

On the other hand, there is something to be said for the feel of rabbit fur on your face. :D

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

shooter, if you ever make that trip to the Keys give me a shout. There's nowhere to shoot South of Homestead but we have plenty here in Ft. Lauderdale.

I'd enjoy sharing some range time with you.

cane

7. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

I wish I had a job that required me to travel the country/world other than areas of operations located in Southwest Asia. Having R&R plans snubbed due to work does suck though.

Wish I could live in AK. No matter how much nudgin, the wife wont nudge.

8. kyleytxrialover

kyleytxrialover New Member

:D:D that is a true statement i have lived it:D

9. GlockNut

GlockNut New Member

Are you an MSHA Inspector? If so...coal or metal/non metal?

I ran a small family owned minesite that produced dimentional limeston "square blocks" for making sawed stone products such as fireplace surrounds and other things. We also had a stone splitter for making stone veneer for high end residential applications.

mike
    gn

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Maybe you will get to kill a bear while you are up there; i hear they like caves and cave-like structures.
    :D

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Glock- naw, not MSHA- but am an MSHA instructor. I'm an engineer, work for company that insures mining operations and heavy construction. Ones I will be visiting in Jan are metal (silver). Dimensional stone is pretty cool. Have spent time in metal/ nonmetal, coal, surface S&G, dimensional- even have one place here in VA that still mines slate for roofing- only mine in the state that has a license to use BLACK POWDER for shooting. My favorite mine is a surface aggregate (basalt)- operators are really nice folks. Western side of Oahu out at Kapolei.

Orangello- if they make it into the caves I am going to, they can have them. About half mile deep.