I couldn't stand it any more. I bought a Tokarev lite

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Chainfire, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I have looked at the little Zastava .32 M-70 pistols 'till I had to do it. After shipping, tax, tag and title, it ran me $225.00 on a Gun Broker buy it now. There must be dozens or scores of different sellers with these now. (they must have filled up a cargo ship.)

The on-line reviews are very positive. Since I added a .32 ACP pistol to my stash a couple of weeks ago, I figured what the Hell. These will eventually go the rout of all other surplus imports, they are not wanted when everyone has them for sale, but let the supply dry up and they will suddenly be made of gold.

Who knows what condition it will be in, I think they run from good to very good, but, hopefully by the end of the week I will add photos and comments. In the meantime, if you have one, tell me what you think.

2. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I was actually looking at them too, they seem like a good little gun I’ll be interested to see what you think of it

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Where did you find that Chain? I have a P32 so I have ammo.

Rifling82 likes this.
  4. Chainfire

I got this one from Bun Groper, J&G has them, and a quick web search will come up with other sellers. Some come with two mags and a holster for a little more.

towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

J&G is missing the rear sight. I found one for $225 with holster and spare mag but that would be + ship and transfer. I picked up a really nice Colt 1903 when I was in the AF and left it at home for safe keeping. My dad gave it to a buddy of his who was on the run and needed a gun.:mad:

primer1, towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  6. Chainfire

Sure thing. Hope this helps:

After having some time to play with it, I like it! It shoots well, and of course with the .32ACP there is very little recoil so it is easy to hold on target. I was only able to score four boxes of ammo, hollow points, so it has not had an extensive workout, but what I have seen, I like. The piece has not failed to load, fire or eject every shot. The pistol looked like it had been carried a lot, but fired a little. (very little interior wear) It had the type of external wear consistent with years of holster carry, but was not butt ugly.

I have better choices for self defense, and I will not carry this piece, it is a range toy, but if it were the only gun I had, I would not feel unarmed carrying it. It is about the same size as a Makarov, and Makarov holsters fit it fine, so it is easy to conceal.

I would caution against buying one that had the add-on rear sight as it is junk, unsuited for the pistol and replacements are hard to find. I did read a thread that said that a Yugo Tokarev rear sight would fit, but that it takes some small amount of filing to match the front sight. Also, if you buy one, try to find one with two magazines. I didn't and bought a new, old stock original mag, but it was over $40.00 shipped.

If you wanted a piece to toss in the tackle box, or keep in the glove compartment, this would fill the bill. If it were lost or stolen, you would not have to cry about your great loss.

I bought mine from Black Market Arms (online) and it came with the original rear sight, but only one magazine. I have bought from that company before, and have always had a good buying experience. It was a no drama transaction, and they shipped immediately.

In my opinion, it is a lot of pistol for $200.00, and I think that when wholesale supplies dry up, they will rapidly gain in value. Many of the business that sold them retail are now out, so I think that the bottom of the barrel is visible.

DSCN1096.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    Rifling82 likes this.
  7. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for the post Chain, I agree, truck/tackle box gun, something about them all steel guns!.... I’m gonna pick one up sometime