I Couldn't Help Myself

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by CA357, Jul 10, 2009.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I saw these on one of the 1911 Forums and fell in love with them. I thought they'd be perfect on my Sistema Colt. I originally had to pass, because I just couldn't afford them. Well, they sat around for a while and the price finally dropped to where I didn't feel too bad about spending the money. So, they're on their way to me as I write this. :cool:

[​IMG]

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Friggin sweet! They look like stag antler and saaweet!

3. CA357

Yup, Ajax Sambar Stag. They're old school like my pistol and me. :D

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

How's 'bout a pic after you intall them. :D

5. CA357

It'll be my pleasure. :D

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

7. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Cool, I shooted Canebrake's Colt with stag grips and I liked very very much... and they look sweet, if do you like them in photos wait until you install them in your gun...
    Congrats.

8. CA357

Thanks Asmel. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

9. Stealie

Stealie New Member

They look sweet.

10. ccr203

ccr203 New Member

Cool grips. Stag is always a good option. Have to see them on your 1911.

11. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Very sweet. Excited for the picture with them on your gun.

S.S.

12. CA357

It's stag, so I doubt it's melted. However, I see where you mean, it's natural stuff and won't be perfect. In fact, for me, the naturalness and asymmetrical nature of it is the attraction. ;)

13. CA357

I had Sambar stag grips on two OM Ruger Vagueros, one was a .44 and one was a .45 convertible. There weren't any problems with grip on those.
    I had smooth/uncheckered grips on my CBOB and there wasn't an issue with grip.
    If there is, I'll have to figure something out. As pretty as they are, I still expect them to be useful.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  14. CA357

They came today and I think they're gorgeous, but I'm partial to old school stuff. I had to do a bit of filing to get the thumb safety to clear, but that was no big deal.

Here's some pics. Click once for larger and a second time for larger still. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Yunus

Yunus New Member

No issues with comfort on those? It appears that the deepest grooves are where the base of your thumb would sit. Just wondering if there is a noticeable difference or if the grooves almost act as a grip from the difference in texture?

16. CA357

Well, I haven't fired it yet with them on, but I don't anticipate any problems. I regularly shoot 200-300 rounds per pistol per range trip. If there's an issue, it will show up then. But, frankly, I doubt it.