I could make some serious money

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Ultimate_sig, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Funny story I have for you fine folks.

Today I stopped in at a Pawn shop to see if they had any Marlins. I see a mosin nagant and asked home much. The guy tells me $350. I say wow for a mosin that's crazy. He turns and looks at me and tells me it's not a mosin it's a sks. I say let me see that thing. It's year was 1939, it says chambered in 7.62x54r, it even said model 91/30 on it. I pointed it out to him and also told him there is no sks in the world that is bolt action. He took it back and continues to tell me it's a sks.

Now if I wanted I cold take my mosin up there and tell him it's a Remy 700 and with the scope I could probably get $500-$600 easy. This just amazes me how dumb some folks are and the arrogance of them.

2. grandpubba

grandpubba Member

I bet they find someone to buy it as an sks

3. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Couldn't they as a legitimate business get in trouble for that

4. grandpubba

grandpubba Member

Miss representation sure but I'm sure as a pawn its " buyer beware" regardless. Very shady and probably not a shop I'd go back to

5. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Definitely and even when I called them out on it they denyed it

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

Few people are man enough to admit when they're wrong. He's an idiot.

7. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

Wow there is a thing called the internet.

8. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

My exact thought

9. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

even as someone who has rarely ever handled Sov. Block Weapons..

Clearly even I can tell the Difference from a BOLT Mosin and a Semi-Auto SKS.....

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Does the lawn shop have the same requirements as an ffl?
    It'll be awfully hard to account for an SKS being in the book and not in the inventory.
    I would avoid that place.

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The guy is an idiot. He is just going by what the tag says. The guy who filled out the tag is guilty of misdemeanor dumbass. THAT guy is the one who needs to be fired. The salesman needs to be trained better.

12. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I tried to do just that, I have him the knowledge and showed him each indicator and still would not listen. I felt I was waiting my time and left

13. 308Wins

308Wins New Member

What a moronic thief... (He's gotta be doing it on purpose)
    I hope someone breaks in and steals that rifle overnight

14. austin92

austin92 New Member

Wish i had seen this a few months ago. Couldn't find any bolt action 7.62x54r sks's when I went shopping for one so I settled on a mosin :rollseyes: lol. There's some real idiots out there in the gun market right now

15. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Your telling me. I found another that sold me an illuminated mtac for $100 cause he said it did not work. He didn't put the battery in and didn't know virus has a lifetime warranty. Also got a laser lyte misprints green laser for $50 for the same reason. I didn't know there wasn't a problem till I got home but knew both companies have good warranties. But I think the best deal I got was a trade. I trade some cheap red dot sight for an eotech at a gun show. I bought the red dot for $30

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

He probably paid for it as an SKS (during the panic spree) and he's darn sure not going to sell it for less! Some day, somebody will come in and pay his price ... (he hopes)!

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

For a Pawn Shop to engage in the business of buying, selling and pawning firearms, they must hold a type 2 FFL.

As an FFL, they must maintain a bound volume of acquisitions and dispositions of firearms. Guns in, guns out. When they are audited by the BATFE, they must show guns in, and match them to guns on hand, or completed form 4473s (or an ATF and police report of stolen guns)

Frankly, they do not sound bright enough to BE in the gun business- and once they have an inspection by an Industry Inspector, they probably will no longer BE in the business.

Chump.:cool:

18. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Cool, I'll tell him hows that sks now

19. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Dollar gets ya two that says you will see it listed as a Mosin tomorrow.

20. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Yes they do, as well as inventorying planting tools (LOL).

But seriously, when they acquired the rifle someone might have told them it was a Yugo and they thought it was a SKS, from what I understand, Yugo's made Mosin's as well as SKS's. They may have very little knowledge of firearms.

Jim