I carry a Man-Purse.

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by Wiebelhaus, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Or a back pack to be specific, all day every day but they keep ripping and tearing and wearing out exceptionally fast, I guess you could call it a bug out bag but it's one that's always with me, to and fro, at work, even when I run an errand so I need something stronger, better and tougher but I'd like it to not be camo or obvious hunting/tacticool looking because I'd get stopped everyday. maybe plain grey or earthy or black would be a doable.

Any suggestions?

By the way, my daughters call it my "Man-Purse" so that's where that came from but hey man! it's not fair women get to carry all that stuff! my pockets are full of too much already! I need a purse...err I mean a bag too!

2. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Would a computer bag work? They have compartments and look innocuous as Hell.

3. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

This is a good idea!

4. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I saw a funny thing at the range the other day. One of the shooters had a diaper bag with him. We were all wondering why someone would bring a baby to the range. He opened it up and started pulling out guns and magazines and cleaning supplies. It might look a odd. But nobody would ever guess you were packing. Plenty of men are dads. There are probably more manly looking ones out there. Just an option you may not have thought about. You would definately have the element of suprise. God only knows what your kids would say then! LOL

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

6. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

hahaha that dude has balls of steel!

7. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I hope you guys are joking. That looks worse than a diaper bag!!!:eek:

9. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

lol

Think about it though, would you think I had three days worth of meds, food, water, first aid, 9mm with 100 rounds, multi-tool, hunting knife, socks, important papers and various other things in there?

10. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I see those all the time around here.

I also knew a guy who was so insecure about himself that the "diaper bag" was a small leather carry-on suitcase. It was probably a designer label too (not that I would recognize one!). He didn't want to be seen carrying a diaper bag LOL! He is such a douche. A diaper bag would be freaking awesome! Heck, use a baby stroller so you can haul more artillery!:D

11. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I get good service from just the cheapo Walmart school backpacks. I use them to haul whatever I need or buy when riding a motorcycle. You would be amazed at how much I can stuff in cheapo back pack. I usually get several years of use from a cheap backpack. I usually spend around $30 on a backpack.

12. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

That's what I've been using, the seam at the top under the handle keeps ripping open, 2 weeks ago I Jerry rig fixed it with some fence crimp staple things and it just ripped back open, think I need to hit an army surplus or there's a gun show next weekend or two, there's normally an army surplus guy there with really low prices.

13. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

it does? :rolleyes:

sy yd 030 diaper bag LG dots Black Pink BIG.jpg

I've been toting around a simple backpack for work all around the northeast for about 8yrs now ... in and out of every major metropolitan hub of transport, through tolls, on buses/trains/cabs, etc ... and I never draw a second glance :cool:

14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

L. L. Bean has very sturdy products and I believe they have a lifetime warranty. Their items are pricey but worth it.

15. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Check out Maxpedition packs they are madeby tough and for CC

ForumRunner_20121111_072245.jpg

I carry it as a BUG.

16. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Attached Files:

17. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Similer to my Drago, highly recommended.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  18. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I used to carry around a laptop bag. I go tit when I went back to school some years ago and just got used to having it around. They have a ton of little places to put stuff. It's obviously pretty tough as I still have it. almost 10 years later. I don't use it for much but in it's time it's had everything form school stuff then later every day stuff and for a good while range stuff. I could put a few pistols in it. along with mags, ammo and a few tools and cleaning supplies.
    Mine as made for up to a 15" laptop, made form some type of canvass like material. My new laptop wont fit in it (17") so now it's in with the rest of my bags that I keep things in that can be picked up if needed.

19. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I use a laptop bag for a pistol bag as well. I got mine at Goodwill for just a few bucks. It's a well made leather bag. The battery storage compartments hold a 50 shot box of ammo perfectly. It has a stiff bottom so my targets are not wrinkled when I arrive. The bag will hold my 2 gun hard case, targets and there are 2 compartments for ammo.

I also found backpack's at good price here. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/search/eSearch.aspx?SearchTerms=backpack&eMode=

20. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I carry my pistols & stuff in my old press photographer's gadget bag.