I cant stop buying 1911s

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Powersportgiant, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

Aside from the Colt Python I just purchased, I cannot stop buying 1911s. It's truly and addiction. I've sold off all my polymer guns (except my G23) and picking up these fine weapons. The newest one today :

Attached Files:

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

You'll get no sympathy or rehab here...this place is full of enables and co-dependents...:D

3. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

If buying them is your addiction, you're welcome to buy me some :D

4. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

That goes the same for me :D

5. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Buying 1911's

No such thing as addiction to buying guns.

My wife ask me years ago, why do you have some many guns.

My reply was, the same reason you have so many shoes!!

She has never said anything about my guns since!!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  6. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Im only lucky that my wife enjoys guns as much as I do. She doesn't really say much when i buy a new gun. if she does complain, I just the her to the range and let her shoot it. All the complaints seem to disappear. :D

7. Powersportgiant

Haha, I'd like for some to be given to me also !

8. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

Any favorites or just the 1911 style?

9. Powersportgiant

So far, aside from the Colts (which you can't beat) I really like my Sig scorpion.

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

This "addiction" can have serious consequences.

I heard rumor that one of our Senior Members (or was it a Moderator?) tried to offer the 7 step program.
    It didn't work, and the poor soul was sent to Kalifornya for the remainder of his living days.

11. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

I have bougt 2 so far this year. My wife says no more till next year, but she didnt say anything about trading lol. Talked to my dad he doesnt mind if i trade of the g36 he gave me. Now just got to figure out whis got the colt i want and how much can i get out of the glock. No im not addicted i can stop anytime, ican handle it.
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

12. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Don't feel too bad, wife has me on a buying ban for guns period. I bought four in three months.....

13. Powersportgiant

I'm honest with my ol lady. But I do go with a don't ask, don't tell policy. She knows about half of them.

14. omroi2001

omroi2001 New Member

I'm sorry but I am addicted to the 1911. Since August I have bought 1 Colt, 2 Springfields and 1 Kimber. My wife has me on lock down from buying any others. I have my eye on a Sig Scorpion, another Kimber and a few Wilsons. So yeah, its an addiction.

Dear Mr. President,

I will hold on to my GOD, my guns and my freedom and we will replace you by voting you out of office and help restore our United States.

Sincerely,

America

15. Powersportgiant

^ get the scorpion. You will love it !

Attached Files:

16. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Damn I like that Siggy.

As for 1911s in general there ain't nothin like a 1911. If I could have only one handgun it would be a 1911. Period.

17. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

Yeah I got to dry fire one at academy sports the other day. I almost racked up $1000 buck on a credit card solely because of its amazing trigger

18. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Breaking glass wishes it broke as nice as that straight trigger on the Scorpion.

19. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Ninteenelevenitis, there is no known cure for this disease. The most common symptoms are uncontrollable drooling at the LGS, over crowding of gun safe shelves, rapidly depleted ammo stock, Huge Grin on face. Other symptoms may include; wheeling and dealing for funds to support this habit, credit card abuse, warm fuzzy feelings while cleaning such guns.

It is best to just accept this disease for what it is, an addiction of the strongest kind. We have daily meetings on this forum for support. I too am a sufferer of Nineteenelevenitis.

20. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

I like that even if it goes over my wifes head;)