I cant decide

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by acrglock, May 30, 2012.

1. acrglock

acrglock New Member

I can't decide on a glock 17 or 19 glock is perfection no matter what glock but I can't decide what to get I want it for range \ defense

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

There is no such thing as perfection, Glocks are machines not miracles, machines break. Shoot it dirty without any oil and see what happens, trust me.

with that being said, I own a gen3 19 and love it, never cared for the 17, the grips are different, hold them both and choose from that. They are both equally good.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you dead set on Glock?

Last edited: May 30, 2012

3. towboater

towboater Active Member

I have tried a Glock, or two. I did not care for em, period.

4. acrglock

acrglock New Member

Your right on the perfection part well I the reason I'm set on glock cause I heard great things on glock I'm looking to get a 9mm what do you prefer

5. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I bought my oldlady a Glock 17 and she likes it. She uses it for a carry gun, and i carry it sometimes. Actually i have it on my hip right now. Its accurate and cheap to shoot. We have ran 1500 rounds throught it so far and no problems. Its an alright gun for carry also if you plan on doing that also, its just a little big, but it is light. And it works everytime you pull the trigger.

6. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Glocks are good guns, but they aren't the only good gun like some people seem to think. How much do you want to spend?

7. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Which one feels better in your hand? Don't limit yourself to the Glocks. Try an S&W M&P if you can.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  8. acrglock

acrglock New Member

Well my max limit is 650 y'all ill have to check out the s&w m&p I am new to the gun community as you can tell

9. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I agree with Vince try the m&p and the glock.

10. acrglock

acrglock New Member

Right know for my carry gun is a judge revlolver I love it shoot great but the only problem I have with it is that it only holds 5 and the ammo is exspensive after a while

11. vincent

vincent New Member

Being new to guns, I'd suggest finding a rental range and try out as many as you can or at least a gun store that will let you handle some. Don't make up your mind without exploring all the options first. Glocks are all fine and dandy but you may come across something that fits you and your needs better.

12. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Glocks are very reliable and will forgive someone if they don't get cleaned unlike other guns. I like other brands also bur for a carry gun and defense weapon a Glock will never let you down. And Glock is the closest you can come to to perfection.

13. vincent

vincent New Member

Sorry Matt but there are no absolutes in anything, especially guns. To say they will NEVER let you down is just not true. It's just a machine/tool and they can and will malfunction and wear out, like anything else ever made by man.

14. acrglock

acrglock New Member

Vince thanks for helping out I will check out the local ranges ill check out the s@w I also want to check out the ruger lc9 also @ matt I will also check out the glock

15. towboater

towboater Active Member

If ya get the chance, check out a CZ82. Best bang fer yer buck.

16. acrglock

acrglock New Member

Ill have to check that out I heard its a good concealment gun

17. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Glock is a excellent beginners gun. No offense with the beginner reference. Easy breakdown, great ergonomics and reliable as any gun ever made. Besides, you will find 5Xs the accessories for a Glock as you will anything else. If you have a military or LEO background GT Distributors has the best prices I have ever seen on new Glocks.

18. okdonk

okdonk New Member

+1 for Glock. Also Glock has good resale value. Sold my G19 Gen 4 for $475 last month as i got the new FDE.

19. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I dont know about the new gen 4's but the gen 3 G19 was a little too big in the grip for my hand. I switched to a Ruger SR9c after my wife let me shoot the one I bought for her. We now have his and hers SR9c's. I still have a G36 which has a smaller grip.

20. levelcross

levelcross New Member

+1

Good advise

I have a Glock and love it, but I have other guns that I love also. Figure out what you want it to do and what fits your hand the best then start renting. This will hopefully save you some money in the long run.