I can't believe it!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Logand4c, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Logand4c

Logand4c New Member

I live in Iowa and took the class last night at the local Bass Pro Shop, took the paper work in to the local sheriffs office today and walked out with the permit in about 10 minutes. Man was that easy!

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Stand by for the jealousy. Its coming.

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Oh yeah-
    Residents of Komunist states will be hollaring :p

4. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Same experience I had back at the beginning of the year.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations! And congrats on having a Sheriff with some common sense!

6. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

I get mine through the mail. I only have to appear in person
    every 5 years. :cool:

7. jsbowman

jsbowman New Member

No background check?

8. ScottA

Oh there's a background check in Iowa. But this tells you how quickly a background check can actually be completed.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Heck its probably the same check I go through to purchase a gun, simple phone call.

10. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Welcome aboard the FTF!

11. jsbowman

jsbowman New Member

Here in Kentucky we have to send copy of our certificqte to state capital wait a week to get that approved and then send to state police for a back ground check. Any where from 5 weeks to 4 months for full process

12. Billy9mm

Billy9mm Member Supporter

Here in Georgia you go to the Probate Court pay the $75 fill out the paper work, then walk across the hall and get fingerprinted 5 days later they called for me to come pick up my permit. You notice I said pay the $75 FIRST!!!

13. jsbowman

jsbowman New Member

Yall don't have to take a class or anything. Mine cost me $130 total

14. phburks

phburks New Member

In Florida you are required to take a class. Once I submitted all my paperwork and the $117 state fee by mail, it took about 3 weeks to get my permit back.

15. ScottA

We're required to take a class, but price varies from provider to provider. It's a one evening affair.

16. jsbowman

jsbowman New Member

Best $130 I have ever spent. Now I just want more guns lol.

17. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I spent $314 not including postage. $140 to the state, $160 for the class and $14 for the finger prints. I am still waiting on the permit. Hopefully it should be here by x-mas. There were cheaper classes but mine also inlcuded range fee, ammo to qualify and lunch. In TX its a mandatory 10 hour class.

18. phburks

phburks New Member

Wow that's a long class! Not that that's a bad thing though. What all was covered? Classes here in Florida vary in price as well. Mine was like $56 and it included range fee. It was bring your own gun and ammo, though, or they had rentals available. The class was a couple hours long and covered gun safety, gun laws, range time, and discussion time. Then there were the State fees on top of that of about $117 including fingerprints. All in all I paid about $175-ish.

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

No shooting involved?

20. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I would hate to think what it might be like getting a permit in states like IL, CA, MA, etc. I think they are pretty reasonable here in ID.