I can order it for ya

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by locutus, Jan 11, 2013.

1. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

For years, I shopped at the LGS scalper because they stocked many things that the big discounts stores didn't stock.

Today, "mom 'n pop" at the LGS say: "I can order it for ya!"

Well, I can order it for myself. And a lot cheaper.

Today, I shop Wally World or online.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Lol... I was at my LGS, and looking for a sling. The guy says to me. "I can order it for you."

I looked at him funny and said, "Yeah...I can do that...too."

He laughed and said "Yeah, I guess you can."

They're good people, I like them, and would've paid 5 bucks more to buy it from them, but I'm out in the sticks, and it takes me 40 minutes to drive to my LGS...

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, sometimes I DO order guns, ammo, accesories on line (have an 03 C&R FFL, so can do that)

BUT- the last 3 guns I have bought were from my LGSs. They ranged from 55 to 110 years old. Finding stuff like that is a matter of luck. And I have folks that will look up when I walk in and say "Got something I put aside for you to look at..."

I don't buy them all (can't!) but it is nice to have someone looking out for you.

When the day comes that I need ONE screw for a scope mount, I want that local shop to still be doing business.

4. locutus

Betcha he'll be able to order it for ya!:D:D

5. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Whenever I ask for something at the LGS, I just get a blank "WTF is that?" stare.... :confused: :p

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Kinda short on real LGS's around here, but there a "pawn and gun" FFL that is pretty cool. I asked him about receiving a transfer from an interweb purchase for me and what he would charge. He said something like "$20, but i will call for you to see if they will discount it for me if you like". Dude doesn't stock much ammo, but i have bought three of my last four pistols from him, all at good prices, one "used" (more like "drawered" IMO).

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Person came in the shop with the handgun "plastic-bagged"
    Me: "Can I help you?"
    Person: "Could you assemble this for me? It shouldn't take much. A guy on Youtube showed how easy it was."
    Me: "Then why are you bringing it to me? Get outtahere."

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Ruger Mark .22 pistol perchance? :D

9. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Or how about people that ask you things that can easily be googled? example:

CO-WORKER - I don't have the zip-code for Bend, OR

ME - would you like me to GOOGLE that for you?

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Next time reply with a phone number, preferably one they should recognize and smile big.

11. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

12. steve666

steve666 New Member

About the only thing I use my LGS for anymore is to do FFL transfers, otherwise I buy it online myself and have it delivered to my door for less.

13. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

You can order what you want with the c&r, pay $10 extra for "hand picked" (you can say that about a booger), have it delivered to your door, but you can't see, handle and inspect it and before you buy it unless you go the lgs. That's the big advantage.

14. steve666

steve666 New Member

The only problem with that is most of my LGS's stock a very limited selection, and usually nothing that I am in the market for. My only "hands on" opportunities are at the gun show, where they will sometimes have what I want though the prices are hit or miss.

15. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

One of the LGS I go is just old antique guns.. Shelfs are filled with 50+ year old ammo (Nones for sale :( ) The shop is full of Arisakas, Nazi Mausers, Enfields, Mosins, Nambus; thats just some of the mil-surps, theres lots of sporting rifles That I really never even look at...
    Hell, the guy even had a Mateba for a bit....

16. locutus

Me: I'd like to take a look at a Colt LE6940.

LGS: Whassat""":confused::confused:

Me: It's a Colt AR-15, M-4 version.

LGS: I CAN ORDER IT FOR YA