I bought this in car holster rig... love it

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by SigFan, Oct 3, 2013.

1. SigFan

SigFan New Member

Got my CCW for the great State of Ohio and wanted an in car holster to carry my Sig P239 while driving. It's great. When I get to where I'm going I just re holster in my OWB holster. Sits right next to my knee for easy grab while driving. Has a place next to it to carry an extra mag.

Thought you might like it.

https://tcholsters.refersion.com/c/fb6

Attached Files:

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

It doesn't look like a lot of room for your hand to grip the firearm. Is there ample room for your hand? It's looks like a nice set up. Congrats on your CCW permit.

3. SigFan

SigFan New Member

actually my hand fits perfectly on the grip. the grip of the Sig while driving sits above the console and is about 2 inches away from the panel.
    Enjoying my freedom to carry legally. Hope it lasts.

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Not legal in Texas-
    Enjoy----

5. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Why is that not legal in Texas?

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Handgun has to be CONCEALED in vehicle----That rig wud put it in plain view--

7. Argyle_Armoring

That stinks. Here in Oklahoma, if you don't have a license it has to be in plain view. If you have a license, it doesn't matter though.

8. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

Because here in Texas it has to be concealed all the time even in our vehicles

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Wow--Cross a state line & you best know the laws huh :(

10. Argyle_Armoring

Eh, doesn't apply to me but you are correct. You better know the laws of where you're visiting.

11. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

We'll the good thing is that Texas and Oklahoma
    Oklahomans with concealed handgun licenses issued by their home state now can legally carry concealed handguns in Texas, and vice versa.

12. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I would be concerned that would make a lot of rookie cops very nervous. Not that you are doing anything wrong. But I like being able to calmly tell an officer that I am armed before he sees it for himself. I could see a cop immediately drawing down on you...and maybe even making you lay in the dirt outside your car before he lets you show him your permit. Not saying you shouldn't use it. But I think I would locate it somewhere that it is not in plain view from the drivers window.

13. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

In Kentucky you have to put it in a factory installed box ie center console, glove box etc. if you don't have your CC. If you have your CC then it can be anywhere and no limit to amount of loaded guns.

14. JW357

JW357 New Member

Nice rig. Congrats.

Rick, I agree with what you're saying that some cops would get nervous about it. Its unfortunate, but part of life.

15. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Well that's awesome then. In my vehicle it sits under my leg and ZGs vehicle it sits next to the parking brake handle. I might have to think about that set up.

16. SigFan

SigFan New Member

yes, I check if driving state to state. I have been pulled over twice while driving. Of course at the initial stop I tell the officer I have my OH CCW. Point to where the in car holster is... both times I was not carrying as I was on a short errand drive. Both times the officer did not have any problem with the in car holster.

17. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

I was thinking too that doesn't look concealed. If your state doesn't allow open carry that could be in violation.

What if you had a flap of some sort to drop over it matching the interior? Would that suffice for concealed?

Our laws are the same as AA's post.

To others posts: It makes it difficult when you have to remember all the reciprocity rules from state to state. Better hope you never forget.

18. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

If you look at the link to the site there is a spacer kit that holds the weapon away from the console wall. Pretty cool!

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

As long as its fully concealed------
    Hell- I quit leaving Texas yrs ago------;)

20. 304inc

304inc New Member

The drivers leg probably blocks the pistol from view,, move your leg, open carry,,, lift your leg, concealed..... cool