Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
lol-- that is a nice idiot mark.

Did you call Colt and ask them when it was produced? All you have to do is give them the serial number.

PS--
You might want to take the time to change the title, since there is no such thing as a 1991 A1.

EDIT---

I was just teasing---- I had typed up basically what you see below--- but I highlighted something to check for spelling the whole thing deleted-- frustrated I hit post.

It is a Colt 1991A1 but the the only real difference between what you have and an original 1911 is that it has a model 80 safety (ie a firing pin block safety which many manufactures (Kimber, S&W, ect) have now anyways hence the joke-- you don't have a 1991 you have a new 1911-- bad joke sorry ). It is the economy version of Colt's 1911-- they sold for about $500 (while at the time Colt's 1911's sold for 700-1K). The early versions of the 1991 also had plastic triggers and rubber grips. Does your Colt have a plastic trigger? If so you probably have a early model.

Anyways I guess I should have rephrase my statement- you have a Colt 1991A1-- but it is a 1911. I saw one sell (never fired-- clean as a whistle) for $700.

· Registered
138 Posts
After looking it looks like you have the early model---

ps

Please oil the gun and get the rust off the screws-- I can't stand to see a "1911" look rusty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.