I am thinking 50

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Shihan, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I think I would enjoy a 50BMG. I am thinking about a Serbu BFG-50 the price is not to bad.
    I think watermelons need to beware.:D

What other 50BMG choices would you consider in the $2500 or less price?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

used barret semi auto 10shot mag. saw one in decent shape at the local cabelas last month for 2500$. if i had someplace to shoot it, it would have been in my gun safe.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I like Aroldo.

Just go to 2:00 minute mark.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVZ-3j5yKew]YouTube - Nutty Professor dinner scene (tbs version)[/ame]

4. m72law

m72law New Member

2500$? FOR A 82A1???Jon M...holy jesus turds...

i paid over that for a P.O.S. 50 in single shot, just to make the neighbours happy:rolleyes:

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

pretty sure someone has it by now. i wish i had some place to shoot the damn thing. maybe the barrel was shot out dunno that was what was on the price tag.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Can't wait to see what you wind up with.

7. m72law

m72law New Member

@ 16.95 10rds...why not?

@ that price i'd buy sum just to throw in a fire,& ''run like hell" of course:D

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I would have snatched up that 82A1 in a second. Then turned around and sold it for a serious profit. A 99 or 95 would be much more than that.

9. freefall

freefall New Member

I endorse M14s opinion. I'd have borrowed money if I had to.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

reason i didnt is im not at all familiar with the barret 50's or barrets in general to asses whether it was a good price based on condition. price seemed really low and i dont buy guns im not familiar with when the price doesnt seem right. most liekly there was something hideously expensive to repair wrong with it which would account for the low price.

too good to be true usually is.

it was totally cool to see one in real life tho. very impressive rifle.

11. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Too good to be true is the reason I have many of my guns. An entire collection for what should be the price for a single gun? Sign me up.

Barret 82A1 for $2500? I'll take 6, thanks.

12. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Shihan, if you get a 50 let me know. I'll trade you a few rounds for some trigger time. I do miss the weapons I got to play with courtesy of uncle sam.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

damn then maybe i shoulda put it on my cabela card :/ im sure my wife woulda sht a brick when she found me at the front door with that monster.:eek:

but honestly i dont know what i would do with one. it would just sit in my locker and i like to shoot my guns. it would make one hell of a coyote wacker.

14. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

You snatch it up, and have it posted to GB before you get home. Then the wife will be amazed.

"You spent how much?! But then you MADE how much?!"

15. Fleetman

Fleetman New Member

For a good, accurate, inexpensive .50, don't forget to look at the LAR Grizzly Big Boar (their spelling, not mine). Single shot bullpup and shell-holder design with a 36" barrel and 30# weight. The short OAL also fits in my safe very comfortably.

I think it has a bit less recoil than the Serbu, probably due to the weight difference. Any of them are a blast to shoot though and I love my LAR!

Attached Files:

16. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

So, when are you going to buy it, Shihan? You've certainly created a lot of conversation!

17. Shihan

I have started my 50 Fund. I have permission from RSG, she is more excited about it than me. I am hoping to have it in time for El Paso.:D

If anyone would like to donate I will give you my PayPal info.

18. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Why do I feel that someone will soon be changing her ID to 50BMGShootinGal...:p

19. Shihan

You can help make it happen faster. Donate today.;)

20. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

You gonna take a second job so you can feed it?