I am soliciting suggestions...

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by danf_fl, Aug 19, 2013.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I would like to purchase a SA, .22lr, but with adjustable sights.

Any suggestions?

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I guess that rules out a Glock! :pSorry, I could not help myself. :eek:Blame it on the Jagermeister.:eek:

3. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Wow, so far it is Rugers. Hi, Anna.

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

As I've done before, I recommend the Heritage Arms Rough Rider .22lr, they have models with adjustable sights, for less than $300.00.

Mine has fixed sights and I've enjoyed shooting it very much. It ain't top o' the line but it's good iron for the money.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Is there something cheaper than Ruger?

7. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Taurus, but after I shot mine for about a month I quickly sold it, the trigger was so bad and the hammer was so hard to pull up I could only shoot it about 25 times an outing before my thumb would go raw. By spending a little bit more than the cheaper guns, you can get something that will outlast you, and have a nice smooth triger to work with, thereby keeping your trigger finger tuned. :D

8. dlh2689

dlh2689 New Member

I also recommend the Heritage Rough Rider. I have one and it's an accurate and good shooting gun.

9. string1946

string1946 New Member

I'm going to come down in the Ruger Single Six Convertable camp. That gives you the option to use 22 WMRF. Also Ruger still makes (or is making it again) the Bearcat which I always thought was kinda cool. One of those is on my want list but I don't think it comes with adjustable sights.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  10. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter New Member

Maybe,but why would you want it :p ,don't you know Ruger is the bees knees :D?
    (I couldn't resist,I love Rugers ;))

11. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

SH is just hoping everybody buys Rugers so the price will drop a little.;):D

I like my Rugers too,
    but did you know Uberti makes a 12 shot SA revolver?

Yeah I ordered one last Jan, havent seen it yet.

Jim

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

My wife wants the Stainless model.....Our Range shop has one for $629 but because we are "members" they will come down some,..prob. to $600...
    Also held the American Rimfire Sunday(they have 2,..1 ea. in 22LR & 22Mag.)..and I must say I'm impressed....and at Well under $400....

13. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Buy the ruger single six or single ten and have a handgun to pass to your children or grand children one day.

Forget heritage arms if you shoot it long enough it is going to brake. Buddy back in florida had one break the frame from the stress over the few years he had it.
    [​IMG]

14. trainman

trainman New Member

Exactly, to the Ruger Single six convertable gun. I have a 1957 version, (not convertable) three screw. They sent me a letter to send it in and have it converted to the new model. Instead, I kept it, and bought a stainless convertable .22 and .22 WRM. That is one awesome gun. I have been shooting it for over 30 years, without any trouble, and it is very accurate.
    Correct on the Bearcat not having adjustable sights.

15. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

I just picked up the Ruger Single Ten a couple of weeks ago. I already own a Ruger Mark III 22/45 and a Buckmark as well as a Taurus .22 revolver.

The Ruger Single Ten beats them all. It is one of the nicest shooting .22 handgun I have ever owned.

Quality and workmanship is top notch...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. blitzen25cat

blitzen25cat New Member

Too bad the Rugers don't have adjustable sights. I'll take the old 3 screw single six all day long. I've had this 1958 for better than 40 years. Great guns. Good luck on your search. Regards Dick

Attached Files:

17. trainman

trainman New Member

Wow, that gun is in excellent shape. My 1958 gun is well worn. But it still shoots straight.