I am so sad i forgot my wallet.

Discussion in 'Gun Shows' started by ineverFTF, Jul 31, 2012.

1. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Had about 100$ burnin a hole in my pocket so i headed out to a gunshow with my grandpa, and sitting not 20ft from the entrance was a pristine arisaka for a mere 75$ and i forgot my wallet!!! Im kinda sad about this one. I love old guns even the common ones.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

WHAT?! Your Grandpa wouldn't front you the money? :eek:

3. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

He is quite frugal and didnt think the gun was worth it. He grew up with a "you buy what you need only" mentality. I'll get it next time dont you worry

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Did the same thing a few years ago, thankfully a friend did front me the cash, came home with this.:)

Attached Files:

5. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Nice find sputnick. Just curious had i got the gun how much is ammo for the arisaka typically?

6. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Outrageous, most arisaka shooters reload. I believe Trez has one if you need any specific info. I myself have little experience with them and am just STARTING to get over my distaste for japanese militaria.

7. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Thanks. I kinda figured the prices would be bad.

8. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

It depends on what it is chambered in.

7.7 jap will run you about $26 per 20. That's not including shipping.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/ammo-rifle-77x58-jap.aspx?c=96&s=888&stk=1

6.5 jap will cost about $27 plus shipping per 20.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/...20-rds.aspx?a=606393&bi=100286#matrixCartLink

I'd do ahead and get it. It's hard to find Arisakas in really good condition, and it's even rarer to find one in great condition for under $100. I'd talk to Trez about reloading though. That would save you a lot on ammo.

9. 40calcliffy

40calcliffy New Member

Type 99s are a bit more readily available than type 38s. Just got to know where to look for them (google it for dealers).

10. 40calcliffy

40calcliffy New Member

Type 99 - 7.7
    Type 38 - 6.5

11. There are two rules about attending gun shows.

1. Take money any time you will be anywhere you might find something worth having.

2. Once you buy something you've been seeking, quit looking. You'll find what you just bought but cheaper on the next table.

In the original cast...