Firearms Talk banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Im moving as well, still staying in state (ohio) but getting away from the "why do you need a gun?" Clevelanders. Getting into the country in an old home similar sq ft but only 4 bed. And a bit over an acre of land.

Best of luck to you!

Ps. I once live in communist NJ, and it was the greatest feeling in the world getting to the first gun shop and able to walk out with a gun the same day.

Just signed the papers on a 6 bedroom house in Erie PA. Moving down will be a process over the next few months, (on weekends) that will be finished at the end of the school year.

To the rest who will stay behind and continue to fight:

I still have folks I care about here, and remember that I am still in your corner. I had to make this call for my wife and daughter as well as myself. There is no future for us here. You, and your freedoms, are in our thought and prayers. Don't give up, and keep up the good fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Im moving as well, still staying in state (ohio) but getting away from the "why do you need a gun?" Clevelanders. Getting into the country in an old home similar sq ft but only 4 bed. And a bit over an acre of land.

Best of luck to you!

Ps. I once live in communist NJ, and it was the greatest feeling in the world getting to the first gun shop and able to walk out with a gun the same day.

congrats on the new place Jake.

Where I am moving from in NY, you can leave with a long gun right after you pass the background check and pay. A handgun requires a trip to the pistol permit clerk with your receipt to pay your $3, and get it added to your permit. Then you go back to the shop with the amendment slip and pick up your pistol. To me it was a PITA, but it was just part of the deal.

Went with the BIL to look at pistols since he now has his CCL in PA, and found a 1911 he fell in love with. After seeing the transaction process in PA, I can't wait to be down there full time. Major difference to say the least. I don't think I'm going to like it here. I know I'm going to love it.

Best of luck to you as well Jake. Enjoy the new place.

congrats on the new place Jake.

Where I am moving from in NY, you can leave with a long gun right after you pass the background check and pay. A handgun requires a trip to the pistol permit clerk with your receipt to pay your $3, and get it added to your permit. Then you go back to the shop with the amendment slip and pick up your pistol. To me it was a PITA, but it was just part of the deal.

Went with the BIL to look at pistols since he now has his CCL in PA, and found a 1911 he fell in love with. After seeing the transaction process in PA, I can't wait to be down there full time. Major difference to say the least. I don't think I'm going to like it here. I know I'm going to love it.

Best of luck to you as well Jake. Enjoy the new place.
Kfox, glad to hear you're getting out of NY! congrats!:D

Congratulations on your move! I've shot in PA for many years and know some very fine people there...all shooters, of course!

Best of luck to you!

Hey Jake,..not that I'm Ranking on Cleveland-I do an Internet Radio show by phone from There,..But I don't think ANYone In Cleveland has a right to ask ANYone why they Want or Need a Gun

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dammit Andy, you chased another one away! K-Fox, Sorry to hear your going, glad to hear it as well. You spent 20 years here, that certainly gives you a right to call your self a Real state of New York prior resident! Im probably gonna end up being one of the last men standing when it comes to this state. Never know though, Penn isnt so diff that I wouldnt consider it, just gotta stock up on quarters for all the toll booths!

I hope you have written a nice Resigning from NY taxes and BS letter for our Gubnor, well you at it, send a copy to Dave Veleski as well. They have tried to ruin this state and thats getting a little old...

Good luck K!

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Dammit Andy, you chased another one away! K-Fox, Sorry to hear your going, glad to hear it as well. You spent 20 years here, that certainly gives you a right to call your self a Real state of New York prior resident! Im probably gonna end up being one of the last men standing when it comes to this state. Never know though, Penn isnt so diff that I wouldnt consider it, just gotta stock up on quarters for all the toll booths!

I hope you have written a nice Resigning from NY taxes and BS letter for our Gubnor, well you at it, send a copy to Dave Veleski as well. They have tried to ruin this state and thats getting a little old...

Good luck K!
Thanks WF. I still have friends and family here, most just don't want to leave, some just don't have the opportunity or means to do so. That's part of the reason we are staying within a couple of hours of the border, even after we find a place that is not in the city (country at heart, and that is where I want to be, this is temporary).

Yep. I have written a couple of resignation letters, and I have informed some of the reps frpm my area of my leaving and why it has come to this. I am on a first name basis with the ones i have told, and I have a very special e-mail that will be sent to the Governor and the Lt. Governor upon my official moving in at the Erie house. I have doubts that either one will understand it, but that won;t stop me from sending it.

The only thing i have not done yet is to decide what to do with the Repeal The S.A.F.E. Act sign in the front yard. I am half tempted to leave it in the ground under the Welcome to New York sign on the Thruway on my last loaded trip. Knowing my luck, it would be removed by a Trooper who likes that B.S. Law. Maybe I'll pass it on to another NY member on here........

Shucks kfox75, Y'alls done real good!! Enjoy the better living.:)

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Thanks guys. I only have one major regret, and that is that I didn't do this about 20 years ago when I had the chance.

Went on an elk hunt out in CO when I was just out of college. I was down in Colorado Springs area for about 2 weeks, and I ran into a friend who worked in R&D for an avionics manufacturing company. He had me send in a resume, and on my second to last day in the area I got called in for an interview. I was offered an excellent starting wage and some great benefits, but I wound up turning down the job. LSS, wife #1 did not want to leave NY, and told me that if I went, i would be going alone, and she would file for divorce.

Looking back on it, part of me thinks I should have taken the job, and left. OTOH, if I had, I would not be married to wife #2, and would not be a dad as well. And I would still be leaving a state with pizz poor gun laws. kind of funny how things work out, ain't it? ;)

Discussion starter · #35 ·
last night in the NY apartment. just a few more things to load in the truck and trailer, and we will be done. last major appliance is the fridge, and the rest is filler.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
good luck to ya!:D

i know you're glad to be getting out of NY. :D
thanks axxe. it only took me 24 years to get to this point, and i ain't gonna lie, i am nervous about it. however, i have strong faith in god, and i know i can trust the group that is waiting on me on the other side of the line to freedom.

this will be a temporary thing. we will take a couple years where we are, and during that time we will get our finances in order. the next move will either be down to texas (dad has been looking into land down there for a couple of years. says he plans on retiring there. 64 as of 22 june, and showing no signs of it yet. he works full time for job corps, is the 2nd assistant chief of his VFD, and is one of the north county EMS instructors.), or oklahoma. we may spend a couple of years in central pa before we go down there due to my daughter trying to get into UTI or wyotech for cinder's chosen profession.

we know where we are going now, and we'll see where we go from there. if there is one thing i have learned in my almost 39 years it is that there is a lot of beautiful country out there, and that it is worht checking out with those you are closest to.

thanks axxe. it only took me 24 years to get to this point, and i ain't gonna lie, i am nervous about it. however, i have strong faith in god, and i know i can trust the group that is waiting on me on the other side of the line to freedom.

this will be a temporary thing. we will take a couple years where we are, and during that time we will get our finances in order. the next move will either be down to texas (dad has been looking into land down there for a couple of years. says he plans on retiring there. 64 as of 22 june, and showing no signs of it yet. he works full time for job corps, is the 2nd assistant chief of his VFD, and is one of the north county EMS instructors.), or oklahoma. we may spend a couple of years in central pa before we go down there due to my daughter trying to get into UTI or wyotech for cinder's chosen profession.

we know where we are going now, and we'll see where we go from there. if there is one thing i have learned in my almost 39 years it is that there is a lot of beautiful country out there, and that it is worht checking out with those you are closest to.
you and the family move on down here to Texas. you're welcome anytime brother Fox!

Discussion starter · #39 ·
you and the family move on down here to Texas. you're welcome anytime brother Fox!
even if i never move down, my daughter and i are planning a cross country trip sometime in the next couple years. figure if i do the route right, we can meet up with a few of the ftfers at some of the stops along the way. you, drfootball, balota, WOC, and WF38 are at the top of that list brother.

Fox,Glad to hear you're vacating the tyranny of the north east. There are way too many places to choose to live that don't have all the idiotic laws of the suppressed states like New York or the other north eastern states.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.