I am not an alarmist but.... about the outbreak

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bluez, Jan 25, 2020.

1. leadcounsel

leadcounsel Active Member

A week or so ago, China quarantined 760,000,000 people. That alone, should raise red flags. They quarantined - by law preventing people from leaving their homes or traveling - over TWICE the population of the US. We don't know what's going on but that is extremely significant. Why would they do this for a minor event? Risk collapsing their economy.

Now imagine how a free nation like the US might try to control a spread, if it gets a foothold here?

And while we don't even have tests, reports are well over 7000 Americans with recent travel to China are asked to self quarantine...

2. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Well at least you did not call me 'Sheryl',:D but I am serious! ;)

W.T. Sherman likes this.

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

In the Chinese cities people quarantined have no sources for food so to top it off some may starve to death. If they do have food and the police find out it may be confiscated. The governors and the police will eat and no chance of a disarmed populace fighting back.
    Any Liberals on this board take notice of what happens to an unarmed populace in a POLICE STATE.

towboater and ellis36 like this.
  4. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

This virus has an infection rate of 4-5-6.0... or higher. Flu is more like 1.5-2.0. People develop a resistance to flu, not so to corona V2. Even worse, the rebound infection has a very high death rate, as it begins to effect heart and other organs. I said it before, this virus scares the hell out of me.

5. leadcounsel

Ignore all the idiots saying this is trivial and just the flu.

Anyone paying a minimal amount of attention to this has seen the real facts. Dozens of nations have closed borders. Many have stopped trade, shipping, travel, banned certain people, and quarantined cities to try to stop the spread.

Reported figures of infections and deaths are fake. Many nations stopped testing, don't have test kits, have inadequate medical care to test or treat infected, or are otherwise hiding the information to avert a panic. If you think only a couple thousand died in China in 4 months, half of that time this went undiagnosed, you're fooling yourself.

Stock market indexes are down 5-6% in the last 3 trading days, and bond and gold prices being impacted. Warnings of supply chain disruptions may be for the next 1-2 quarters...

Naysayers are harming your ability to survive this...

6. leadcounsel

For anyone needing a quick summary, watch this short video.

bluez likes this.
  7. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

I quote Dr. Crawford quite often.

leadcounsel likes this.
  8. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

no one here stated it was "trivial", what we are say, at least I am, that going into full panic mode about it, or finding a YOUTUBE video from some unknown "doctor" who registered on YOUTUBE then made a video giving his "insight", then you going off in the corner of a room and shaking in fear over it, metaphorical speaking, isn't mentally healthy

yeah, I remember the same kind of "panic" and "shaking in a corner" that occurred about Y2K, and the internet "lit up oh my it's the "end of the world" or when Ebola first was broadcast...…….again the internet "lit up, oh my it's the end of the world" and other times in the recent past. by all accounts there were at lest a half dozen times the 'world is ending", just in my lifetime...…..but yet, I and we, are still here

you have a far better chance of getting cancer or some other life threatening diseases or getting killed in a car wreck then getting coronavirus

oh, I got to hear how you determined that "Naysayers are harming your ability to survive this."

care to explain that, this should be good :rolleyes:

I'm surprised no one has put a vid of alex jones in this thread, about his hairbrained "insights" to this

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Nmwabbit and alsaqr like this.
  9. partdeux

I'm seeing the impact from China shutdown beginning to impact work I'm doing in the 4th quarter of this year.

This virus is the real deal. The REPORTED infections ex-China has been doubling every single day. There's some strong evidence that the USA numbers are artificially low. Even Iran, there's something wrong, because their reported serious case/total ratio is out of whack. There's belief that South Korea's numbers are the most accurate. Even the state of FL is claiming patient confidentiality as the reason for not releasing their data.

Apparently you can get the infection more than once, and the 2nd time is much worse.

Shopfox, JTJ, bluez and 1 other person like this.
  10. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

At my employer, we will be getting several pieces of Chinese equipment. Typically, whatever company builds the machinery proves it out inside the customer's business. That isn't going to happen because of the quarantine, so we are going to prove it out then charge the labor and anything else back to the builder. Our labor is a bit higher than the Chinese.

With previous equipment bought from the Chinese and Taiwanese, up to ten+ times the amount of labor was required to get the equipment proved and signed off. Tariff or no tariff, their profit will definitely be affected.

bluez and towboater like this.
  11. primer1

I contacted a Chinese machinist I befriended several years ago. He said there was over 2600 reported deaths in China from the coronavirus..... today.

Edit: I believe there was something lost in the translation. What I believe he meant was as if today, there are 2700 deaths worldwide, as the news is reporting.

JTJ and bluez like this.
  12. primer1

It's now in Austria and Croatia.

WHO has declared it as a disease X, meaning it has the potential to reach international epidemic levels.

13. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Have you any evidence of that,or that its worse than the flu.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  14. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

The good news is the death rate is low, so far anyway.

15. partdeux

Using published numbers, it's not low. death rate is NOT dead/infected, but instead dead/recovered. Those are two very distinctly different numbers. Currently about 10%.

Nobody believes the numbers are accurate. There is substantial evidence the number of dead in China is much much higher than they reported. Just the crematoriums running 24/7 just to keep up.

The other factor to watch, with available hospital space, proper treatment can be provided to seriously ill patients. At some point that can overwhelm health care facilities and without proper medical care, additional people will die.

Shopfox, bluez and leadcounsel like this.
  16. W.T. Sherman

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, you do know that china has a population of over 1 billion, 1.4 billion, that's 1 billion more then the US population. Wuhan just by itself has a pop. of over 11 million...………. there are 43 US states that don't have that many people in each one.

then there there are people who die each and every day in large numbers from mundane things like; cancer, a variety of other diseases that can cause death......... not to mention accidents, old age etc... etc... etc....

so I doubt very serious that they're keeps those oven stoking just because of coronavirus. those crematoriums were probably going full tilt anyway on a normal day.

in other words, if you take 11 million people and mash them all into one place the size of London with X amount of crematoriums I would bet those will be going close to 24/7 just to keep up with the deaths of everyday mundane things just to keep up

17. leadcounsel

If if makes you sleep better at night, you can choose to believe that for 2 months in a city of 11,000,000 people and a nation of 1.4 Billion people, while this highly infectious virus ran without detection and incubated for up to 27 days, it has resulted in a remarkably only 2500 dead.

And you can fabricate any reason as to the inconsistent reaction by China and the world to shut down all industry, all borders, flights, travel, and trade and to quarantine now probably 1/2 the world's population to some extent.

You can also choose to believe China on all other matters.

Me? I choose to believe reality.

18. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Active Member

omgoodness...

what's a matter with you folk...why aren't you storming the stores for bread, water, and face masks?

sarcasm off

really folks...tis not ebola which is hard to treat [67% death rate] but the flu, yes in the 1917's spanish flu wiped out 20 million around the world...

but 500 million were allegedly infected so a death ratio of 4% - around the world in 1917.

a period of mediocre medical in enlightened countries & lack of medical in impoverished nations, etc.

take a breath and realize you're being hyped by newspeek and social media to sell themselves even worse that P.T.Barnum hyped tiny tim!

Rifling82, alsaqr and W.T. Sherman like this.
  19. W.T. Sherman

wow, someone else that uses his head, instead of emotional knee-jerk reaction :D

alsaqr likes this.
  20. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

This will get worse, if only because of the spreading from asymptomatic cases. The death rate is still less than typical flu, but part of the problem is the spreading from asymptomatic carriers.

Death rates are likely a function of pre-existing medical conditions. My wife and I are both in that category. Fortunately neither of us use mass-transit, avoid crowds as a matter of preference from long ago, and live on a semi-remote farm. Dangers are mostly going into town for provisions and medical appointments...

Were I a daily commuter on mass-transit, I'd be a bit more concerned...I was never a fan of mass-gatherings like concerts or rallies, so our activities really haven't changed: we hate crowds...

So I'm not an alarmist, but will follow prudent precautions that we're already taking for other reasons. Might stock up a bit on essentials to ride out what may be a tough time, but we're not panicking. When it is our time, it is what it is. Our greatest concerns will be for our kids, our horses, and our feral barn cats. We're ready for whatever God has in store for us.

Shopfox, towboater and bluez like this.