I am not an alarmist but.... about the outbreak

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bluez, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

Freefall, you'd try to point out beans in bean soup !

alsaqr and austin92 like this.
  2. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

"One! One little bean! Two two little beans! Ahh, ahh! Three! Wait, that's a pinto bean!"

3. Rentacop

By Lawrence Korb
    Last week, a reporter from the San Francisco Chronicle called and asked me about an urgent four-page letter that Navy Capt. Brett Crozier, a decorated naval aviator and the commanding officer of the carrier Theodore Roosevelt, had written to about 30 civilian and military Navy officials, inside and outside his chain of command, asking them to quarantine 90 percent of his ship’s entire crew to contain the spread of the Covid-19 virus on his ship.
    I responded that I admired Capt. Crozier for putting the welfare of his sailors above his career.
    Unfortunately, two days after that article was published with my comments, that turned out to be true....

.... when he left the carrier, he received a standing ovation from the sailors on the ship, something I have never seen before. And he has been universally thanked by the parents of those men and women serving on the Roosevelt. And some 85,000 people have signed a petition calling for his reinstatement. I doubt that the acting Secretary of the Navy, Thomas Modly, who publicly fired Capt. Crozier, on April 2, 2020, nor the Chief of Naval Operations, Adm. Gilday, who supported the decision one day after saying they would not shoot the messenger, and did not conduct an investigation of the incident, would receive anything but boos.
    Along with several other retired officers and many families of the sailors on the Roosevelt, I want to thank Captain Crozier. You made us proud and we hope that your firing will not prevent your peers from speaking truth to power. And we are saddened that you, too have tested positive for the virus.

Lawrence Korb is a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress and served as assistant secretary of defense under President Ronald Reagan.https://www.navytimes.com/opinion/2...truth-to-power-captain-crozier-made-us-proud/

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    alsaqr likes this.
  4. leadcounsel

leadcounsel Active Member

CV19 now the #1 cause of death of Americans per day, at nearly 2000 dead per day. Of course the raw numbers don't yet come close to the top few causes, but we're just a few months into this nightmare. Ah, remember the good old days, a few weeks ago, when we only had 10 deaths...?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coro...re-americans-than-cancer-heart-disease-report
    Coronavirus now killing more Americans than cancer, heart disease: report
    By David Aaro

"COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, is now the No. 1 cause of death in the U.S. -- killing more people on average per day than cancer or heart disease.

The virus is the cause of 1,970 deaths in the U.S. per day, according to a graph published Tuesday by Dr. Maria Danilychev, based in San Diego, Calif. In comparison, the graph shows 1,774 deaths per day are attributed to heart disease and 1,641 to cancer, according to Newsweek.

The visualization comes as the death toll in the U.S has continued to dramatically rise in recent weeks. Fatalities surpassed 16,600 by the end of Thursday, an increase of more than 12,000 deaths from data posted by Johns Hopkins University just eight days earlier."

alsaqr likes this.
  5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...ses_to_lying_about_covid19_death_numbers.html

That the CDC isn’t telling the truth to Americans is no conspiracy theory: it’s right out there in the open for everyone to see. The CDC openly admits that it is fudging the COVID-19 death figures.

6. Gatoragn

Any deaths in March, April, May maybe even June will be attributed to covid 19.

Slip on a banana peel, the decedent had covid 19 which prevented him from recovering his balance so he fell and hit his head on concrete.

Dude was speeding, missed a curve and tried to take out an oak tree, but the cause of death was due to being delirious with covid 19 symptoms.

7. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Projected figures, not actual. To be fair.

They and everyone else are using calculated “models” every one of which is exaggerated. Nobody wants to be accused of being complacent. Intimidating the public on the other hand is forgivable and politically correct.

Ghost1958 and ellis36 like this.
  8. RKtullahoma

RKtullahoma Well-Known Member Supporter

"Forgivable and politically correct"... in the furtherance of a cause.

The atrocities in conventional history that could be cited "in furtherance of a cause" would be a list both substantial and disgusting.

Indeed, it seems, from this observer, that the more disgusting an act is, the more p/c it is.

The earlier, almost joyful recitation of "2000 a day dead" is a prime example.

Ghost1958, towboater and ellis36 like this.
  9. Rentacop

Except.....Trump wanted to restart the economy early . He personally risks losing the next election if this goes on too long . Trump may have some personality quirks but I don't think that he is a conspiratorial, conniving America-hater . If he were doing this to abrogate rights, he could order a shut-down at the federal level and establish dictatorial power over the states .

If the death count is somewhat inflated as claimed in the above article, does that make a real difference ? I doubt it . In fact, I haven't heard any families of the dead crying foul and insisting that their loved one died from a heart attack and that the infection didn't kill him .
    If you want to play with numbers, let's include all of the people who suffer brain damage from being on ventilators in the body count of dead . Then, we are back up to whatever the official number is .

The 'reductio ad absurdum' argument that a car crash victim might be listed as a Covid 19 victim isn't valid . There's no evidence of that kind of falsification.

That a man with a heart condition, who is hospitalized for dry cough, fever and pneumonia is listed as a Covid 19 death is not surprising .

winds-of-change likes this.
  10. Gatoragn

Yes it was intended to be a farcical statement.

But we were promised a calamity and by golly the gubmint has to do everything possible to see we get one. There can be nothing left to chance to prove the virus was worth derailing the economy and printing 10 or 20 trillion dollars of fiat currency.

11. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Eh no he couldn't. Not saying he wants to, but the fed is not all powerful and the states are free to ignore any federal decrees other than what is in the COTUS.

Even if he technically could you would see way more carnage than a suped up flu bug could ever inflict.

Becoming a dictator over a goodly part of this nation is a practical impossibility.

If most of us wanted a dictator wed go to China.

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

You can point out his dreck but no insults, name calling, etc.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I doubt it.

jigs-n-fixture likes this.
  14. leadcounsel

leadcounsel Active Member

So it's allegedly not telling the truth by transparently explaining that people with co-morbitities should be listed as CV19 deaths until a better determination or proximate cause can be established?!

Oh yes, that transparency is horrifying! lol. Go find a real conspiracy to hang your hat on. HIV is done the same way.

jigs-n-fixture likes this.
  15. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Korb is an isolationist. His opinions are always on the side of reducing the military and particularly the nukes. He is a long time columnist for Arianna "Huffington." Just to put things in perspective.

16. Gatoragn

Not a conspiracy, just an acknowledgement of the fact that government is not benevolent and its actions are based on increasing its power over us.

W.T. Sherman and Ghost1958 like this.
  17. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Wait! What?!? You mean Obama ISN'T paying for my health insurance?!?!?

ellis36 likes this.
  18. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

I think some are quite happy to grow gov and police power as much as possible during this shutdown that shouldn't have occurred in the first place.

Now the next new "threat" that comes along itll be easier to tell folks they are under house arrest, cant leave the state, cant keep their businesses open, etc etc itll be much easier to get the sheep back in the pen.