I am not an alarmist but.... about the outbreak

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bluez, Jan 25, 2020.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Nobody is ignoring that fact. It’s being mentioned every day. People who have underlying illnesses and circumstances are more likely to get COVID-19 and die. How do you figure that fact is being ignored?

2. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I’m not sure there will be a vaccine, we still don’t have a vaccine for the flu... we have the flu shot but it’s just a guess

winds-of-change and Oldoutlaw like this.

3. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Wherever did you get THAT idea? I think the Governor should have MORE power than the President.
    What I seem to mislike most here is you.

4. leadcounsel

leadcounsel Active Member

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

If the cell phone cancellations in China are a true indication of the death toll then China lost 1.25% of it's population since the 1st of the year. That may not seem like much but that is 20,000,000 million people. Same percentage in the USA would be over 4,000,000 people. Are we prepared to lose 4,000,000?
    Made a dumb mistake and forgot to adjust the decimal for the %. I corrected it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    leadcounsel likes this.
  6. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

One thing is sure. Americans are getting conditioned to accept from gov unconstitutional dictates right down to being ordered not to leave or enter a state . And being put under house arrest at a governor's whim.

You'll not LE is more than happy to back this up to the hilt.

Personally I think there is likely to much worse happen in this nation than a hopped up flu bug.

Gatoragn and towboater like this.
  7. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

At a loss of 3.5 million the economy starts to collapse. I read that in one of the Econ journals about five years ago. Can’t remember which one. part of the problem in being a generalist, who reads everything. It gets hard after a while to remember where you read what.

leadcounsel likes this.
  8. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

They why not do us all a favor and use your ignore option. :rolleyes:

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Stop the personal attacks.
    Good idea.

I am not going to tolerate attacking other members. If I continue to see someone going after the same member over and over, there will be consequences.

10. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The vast majority of us will not get this disease. I may get it. You may get it. But if you look at population vs infections, the percentages are low.

If you look at my state, FL--the third most populous state in the US with 22-million people--there are 15,000 positives and less than 350 deaths as of this morning. More than 60% of deaths are in people 75 and older.

It'll get worse before it gets better. But just sayin, it's good to keep things in perspective.

11. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

With all due respect, I don't trust cell phone cancellation numbers from China any more than I trust their death toll numbers. It would be characteristic of them to vastly downplay the impact of Covid 19, but 20-million is just absurd.

If you look at all the more reliable figures from elsewhere in the world it stands to reason-- Communist propaganda notwithstanding--that China's real numbers, while much higher than reported, are most likely within the parameters of the global numbers.

There's no way we're going to see 4-million deaths in the US. This isn't bubonic plague.

Ghost1958, ellis36 and Gatoragn like this.
  12. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

A US military intelligence unit, NCMI, that 99 and 44/100 percent of Americans never heard of; quietly studies and reports on serious diseases around the world. In November, 2019 that unit reported that China had "a spreading contagion".

Despite being repeatedly briefed on the situation in China, congress and the white house repeatedly blew it off.

"Washington(CNN) US intelligence officials were warning as far back as late November that the novel coronavirus was spreading through China's Wuhan region and posing a threat to its people and daily life, according to ABC News.

The US military's National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI) compiled a November intelligence report in which "analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources of the NCMI's report told ABC News."

The source told ABC News that the intelligence report was then briefed "multiple times" to the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon's Joint Staff and the White House.

Repeated briefings were held through December across the US government, including the National Security Council, culminating in a detailed outline of the threat in the President's Daily Brief in early January, according to ABC News, whose report cited four sources briefed on the matter."

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/08/...navirus/index.html?__twitter_impression=true/

13. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

The WH & Congress did NOT blow it off, they had to get their money out of the stock market before they announced it.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  14. Gatoragn

https://spectator.org/the-dual-reckoning-to-come/

We need a few sacrificial lambs offered up for this shutdown. You can already tell that President Trump is about to put one or two of his people on the fire — if Deborah Birx and Anthony Fauci survive through to the summer, after spending the last month screeching down any positive statement about whether or not hydroxychloroquine works on the Wuhan virus, it would be a surprise.

Oh, but there’s been no clinical study!

Are you kidding? You’re in the middle of a viral outbreak and you think everybody needs to be under house arrest for the next five years before your clinical study can be completed? Doctors in the field have real patients and it’s their responsibility to cure them, and if the drug works on those patients, then make sure they have it.
    When Trump soon sends Fauci packing, probably in an attempt to get ahead of the public irritation to come over the shutdown as he makes the call to get America back to work, it might be enough to save him from the reckoning. But the state-level leaders who play the Orange Man Bad game and insist on keeping their economies locked down long after it’s remotely plausible to do so ought to be politically set aflame by their voters, and they ought to be held up as examples of what happens when you play games with people’s liberties and livelihoods.
    No. Sorry. You don’t get to stand over the corpse of the American economy and brag about all the lives you saved. That should turbocharge the public outrage to come, not tamp it down.

There has been far too little pushback against this economic lockdown, and that doesn’t say good things about the America we currently live in. Far too many people have played the role of sheep, relentlessly echoing the media-driven hysteria of the Wuhan virus and slavishly adhering to the social-distancing mantras while tens of millions of livelihoods have been lost.

But redemption, and the reckoning, is close at hand. And those who have butchered this economy in the face of an overblown hysteria deserve nothing less than the full comeuppance from the public they’ve manipulated and abused.

Let’s get it going. The sooner the better.

RKtullahoma, Ghost1958 and ellis36 like this.
  15. Gatoragn

When this is all said and done, more people will be mad about the shutdown than there are folks thankful for it.

Ghost1958, ellis36 and Hookeye like this.
  16. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

China's population is about 1.5 billion people. I stated IF the cell numbers were a true indication. No one here knows the true number. China does not have and neither do we have enough medical facilities to handle a runaway pandemic. China was overwhelmed and a lot of people died without any care. Bodies were being picked up by trucks and taken to the crematoriums. We have had 3 times as many cases as Spain or Italy but less deaths due to health care. The government is trying to slow the spread so it wont overwhelm our facilities. If it does the death toll will rise. They know they cant stop it. They are hoping for a vaccine or cure to stem the tide. It wont happen overnight.
    Our death rate is about 3%. Iran's reported numbers make it 6%. Italy's rate is almost 13%. Spain is almost 10%. Germany is at 1.8%.
    Iran is also being secretive about true numbers. They have been digging mass graves. Africa will have a very rough time and numbers will be high.

leadcounsel and alsaqr like this.
  17. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

My point: The virus had been brewing in China for months before that country reported the fact.

leadcounsel, JTJ and Gatoragn like this.
  18. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

It was reported that in China it is common for one person to have multiple cell phones.
    So if their economy was going to take a hit, one way to save some money would be to cancel a spare phone or two, or three.

Who knows?

The WHO knows. Sunsab*tches have been in bed with the Chinese. Neither to be trusted. And that way before this bug came along.

JTJ and Ghost1958 like this.
  19. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

https://aapsonline.org/cornoavirus-...h-apocalypse-or-panic-hoax-and-anti-american/

"...Federal and state leaders are using bad public health policy to promote even worse regulation. Several have remarked that this epidemic offers those who wish to subdue the population an excellent way to see what works and how long it takes to corral people into almost total submission; it’s taking about a month...."

avg-cdc.jpg

JTJ, RKtullahoma, Ghost1958 and 2 others like this.