I am not an alarmist but.... about the outbreak

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bluez, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

If I could give you more than one like, I would for this one! :D

2. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

You can like me all you want, honeybunch!

3. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

I too believe it was here before 1-1-20.
    But the Chinese new year celebrations bumped things up.
    And.............liberal strongholds like NYC, SF and Chicago etc, with "Chinatowns" really sped the transfer.

You know those places...the ones that think going against federal laws, because they know what is best for their people. Sanctuary cities. The ones that pretty much mirrored the Italians "hug a Chinaman" nonsense.....the ones where their political leaders blame Trump for not taking it seriously? Yeah, they know what's best, break laws, and when it gets screwed up, well by golly, it's somebody else's fault.

Good vid, worth the watch

4. Hookeye

My middle kid had pneumonia in college.
    She got something in Jan and she said it was way worse for about a week.
    Strep and flu tests came back neg.

Dunno what she had.

Oldoutlaw, bluez and towboater like this.
  5. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if TLMrs and I didn't have this in December. Something hung on half of forever, dry cough, fever. Missed 2 weeks of work.

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  6. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

I think we need to manufacture and/or improvise a bubble-head mask made of clear plastic with a filtered vent at the neck or mouth area and elastic at the neck . This would keep the virus from landing in the eyes and keep you from touching your face . Such an invention will not guarantee against air transmission but it makes sense and would be cheaper than a Glad bag . There are giant Zip-Locks sold for luggage , storage ....

7. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Like in "Contagion"?
    http://basementrejects.com/wp-conte...ntainment-suit-journalist-jude-law-review.jpg

8. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Denmark's government pays 75 percent of salaries of laid off workers, employer pays 25 percent.

In some European countries the government takes 50 percent of a persons wages. In return there is free medical care, subsidized college education and lots of other good stuff.

In the US we pay 50 percent of wages and salaries to local, county, state and federal governments and receive damn little in return.

Despite the fact that over three million workers were laid off in the last week of March, the US government claimed a very low unemployment rate for March, 2020. Got to prop up the stock market don't cha know.

towboater likes this.
  9. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

80% in the UK, including self employed.

towboater, alsaqr and sheriffjohn like this.
  10. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

As an aside, when the supply of Mexican meth dwindles, we'll see a resurgence of meth labs. Flushing meth lab waste kills the bacteria in sewage lagoons, turning the lagooons into real "Sh.t H..les". I've seen this and it's not pretty but at least you get to see who in the trailer court has dope. Right now, Mexican meth, heroin, and fentanyl are so cheap our local meth cooks pretty well stopped cooking. Just my opinion based on what I have seen and hear from time to time.

Oldoutlaw, towboater and alsaqr like this.
  11. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Manta, at least one chain of construction supply retailers here is trying to force "part-time" workers to quit their jobs. In the U.S. (or at least Missouri) those who work 39 hours a week or less are not eligible for benefits (retirement, health insurance, etc.) paid by the employer. Many hereabouts work part-time simply to have a job. So, by cutting the hours back, the companies hope to force the workers to quit of their own accord rather than fire them for if you quit, you are not eligible to draw unemployment which is eventually paid by the company. The retailer has cut part-time workers down to FIVE hours a week from 39 hours. The jobs pay about $12 an hour starting pay. No one can subsist on $60 a week/$240 a month. Construction and supporting businesses are still considered "essential", so the company still has cash flowing in, just not as much. This is just plain mean.

towboater and manta like this.
  12. Hookeye

Some jobs have sub pay for layoffs, but one has to file for unemployment first, the sub based off that.

There should be an option to say NO to the unemployment and just take the 65% sub.
    Yeah, it'd be less money. But also less hassle and keep the gov out of the mess.

Our unemployment office has a horrible track record, they screw up everything.

towboater likes this.
  13. alsaqr

Unemployment agencies are now totally overwhelmed with caseloads.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...-for-unemployment/ar-BB128bGz?ocid=spartandhp

Couple months ago i followed a car being driven 15 miles under the speed limit. The smell from that car was nearly suffocating-a mobile meth lab.

IMO: If this crisis lasts until July the US economy will be totally devastated.

winds-of-change and towboater like this.
  14. hairbear1

hairbear1 Well-Known Member

This IS treated human waste that is spread as fertiliser here.

15. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

That is done here as well.

16. alsaqr

17. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

alright, I found out who unleased the coronavirus [​IMG]

you're welcome

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    7point62 likes this.
  18. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

Already helping her :) She'll be fine (for now), especially since the employed pulled that on multiple employees.

19. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

years ago, I was at a mfg facility, literally in the middle of corn field in IL. Standing with a young lady, grew up in the city of detroit, went to engineering school in Univ of MI, and the farmer was spreading fertilizer. She said, "ewww, what's that smell". "that is your food growing". "I don't eat food that smells like that".

LOL

20. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member