I am not an alarmist but.... about the outbreak

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bluez, Jan 25, 2020.

1. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

a friends sister was sent home last friday stating they didn't have enough work. Letter was mailed to her house on saturday stating it was obvious she quit.

2. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

they'll find someone else to do the same work she was doing...………. for less money

3. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

I thought it was human waste, like in N Korea. Feeling better already.

4. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Is there not a scheme that she will still get payed.

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Not if she "quit", only if laid off.

The lady should file and make the employer contest it, then see who shows up and wins the hearing.

towboater likes this.
  6. Mercator

Should get a government check for now. Businesses don’t have to pay for no show. The bigger ones may choose to, with tax deferrals, govt loans etc.

manta and Gatoragn like this.
  7. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

They have a scheme here that you don't get payed off if there is no work, the company pays 80% of your wages and clams it back of the government. I am off from work until further notice.

8. Mercator

I read that the UK has the biggest pension fund in Europe. At least you get a safety net for all the taxes you guys pay. I’m earning zero point zero at this point.

alsaqr, manta and Gatoragn like this.
  9. hairbear1

hairbear1 Well-Known Member

Here in Australia there's a quite a few farms that do this. The turds are treated before being taken to a farm where there's a earth bunding built around what ever paddock/s are to be spread so that none of it ends up in a local waterway.

The treated turds are then spread by with a fertiliser spreader and then after that's finished the farmer then ploughs it into the ground along with whatever he intends to grow which is generally wheat,oats or canola.
    The smell is horrific when you drive past the paddock especially on a hot day but when it rains the crops just about jump out of the ground.....................then again if I was a plant and having that smell that close I'd be wanting to get out of the ground and above it asap as well.

10. Gatoragn

Animal manure is applied to cropland, grains, hay, etc. Alsaqr was referring to a home septic system, not a chicken, dairy or hog farm's waste system.

JimRau likes this.
  11. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

As any of you city slickers ever heard of a 'manure spreader'???;) I have had to clean out my share of barns (in my younger day;)) and use a manure spreader. :D

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Never experienced chicken poop. Ammonia would be bad. But porcine feces is a very strong poop smell. I’d roll up the windows, turn the fan on high and blow that stench at my passenger, which would often be one of my children. Was I a bad Mom?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    JimRau and alsaqr like this.
  13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I’m aware. I have NEVER heard of cleaning out a septic tank on your lawn.

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  14. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

When I was first married I worked on the grounds crew at a golf course. We spread about 20 ton of Milorganite (Organic Fertilizer from the Milwaukee Sewerage Commission) a year. Since I was the only farm boy, it was my job to do most of the tractor-driving stuff.
    So one day I'm spreading the crap, drive by a foursome containing my Dad's cousin Daryl (a glad-handing, bull-****eing salesman). He said "What are YOU doing here".
    "I work here".
    "Don't you know you're spreading human ****e?"
    "I do know that. I'm getting paid to spread it. You're paying to walk around in it"

15. Gatoragn

Not a cleaning out, but a steady supply of treated water to sprinkle your lawn with.

16. leadcounsel

leadcounsel Active Member

Someone upstream foolishly suggested the Swedes policy was smart. Nope. Once again the slow kids in class cost lives. In just a short time, this dumb enlightened policy has cost a lot of lives and is being shown to be really really stupid. You can find the article on Reuters.

17. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

No you weren't a bad mom.

We did not raise pigs because dad hated them, when he was a little kid on butchering day it was the kids job to clean the sausage casings, that involved boiling water, a scrub brush, and a lot of unpleasantness.

Chicken manure is so strong you have to watch how thick you spread it. We had cows horses and chickens, the chicken manure was used sparingly.

On an entertaining side note, the milk cow loved peas and lima beans, my brother and I hated them. At least once a summer the cow would get out of the paddock and would head straight for the pea patch. My brother and I would give her at least an hours head start before telling Mom and Dad that Molly was out in the garden. :p:p

18. freefall

Lucky she didn't bloat.

winds-of-change and Oldoutlaw like this.
  19. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Too many plumbers bloat. Cause of Plumbers Crack is what I heard. :rolleyes::):):)

towboater likes this.
  20. freefall

Least it ain't from ODing on Lima beans!

towboater and Oldoutlaw like this.