I am not an alarmist but.... about the outbreak

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bluez, Jan 25, 2020.

1. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Wal-Mart had toilet paper this afternoon. $30 for a 12-roll package of Charmin. We were down to 4 rolls, so I bought the 12-pack. Feel a bit self-concious wearing my painter's mask and veterinarian blue rubber gloves but wasn't alone in that regard. Bank lobbies are closed, probably don't cotton to people coming in wearing masks.

JRDallas, Oldoutlaw, 7point62 and 3 others like this.
  2. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

Banks are drive up only here.
    Restaurants are carry out and/or drive through.

towboater likes this.

3. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

The ol lady came back today w another pack of TP.
    She thinks everything will shut down in 2 weeks, stores go empty.
    I was wanting to do some gun/bow video stuff in the back room and she has crap everywhere.

towboater likes this.
  4. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

same here in the buckeye state

5. crash11049

crash11049 Well-Known Member Supporter

Jerseys the same way, getting a bit weird now.
    A lot are wearing masks now, don't know if it's a antifa ralley or a robbery in progress.
    damn toilet paper and brown gravy cant be found on shelf.
    Anyone see the reason for this ?
    Brought to you by cheap bourbon and too much time at home.

SRK97, JRDallas and ellis36 like this.
  6. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

one of the better vids on how Chinese propagandist have infiltrated institutions and how the left would rather collaborate with them if it means making political hay

primer1 and Gatoragn like this.
  7. leadcounsel

leadcounsel Active Member

So you are struggling to understand why people might wear masks during a period of a global virus pandemic that is killing thousands of people? Good luck to you!

8. leadcounsel

Since the tragic milestone of exceeding the 3000 death count of 9/11/01 on Monday or Tuesday, it's taken only another 3 days to double it as we hit and exceed 6000 US deaths today. This is the example of exponential math I've tried to explain to demonstrate the seriousness of this pandemic. https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

alsaqr likes this.
  9. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I just got back from shopping and there were very few people at Wally or the gun store.

winds-of-change likes this.
  10. leadcounsel

Doing some quick calculations and looking at the excel spreadsheet, it seems the R factor is around R4 to R5 territory, given the initial infections early February compared to over 238,000 US confirmed right now. That is a staggering infection rate.

The flu has about a R1.3, so for 1 infected to pass it on to others in 10 iterations infects 14 people.

An R3 with 10 iterations infects over 59,000 people.
    An R4 with 10 iterations infects 1,048,500 people.
    An R5 with 10 iterations infects 9,765,625 people.

Terrifying...

11. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

That don't work. The interactions started way back as early as Oct 2019, or possibly before that. China did not tell us about it. It was spreading for MONTHS before we even knew anything about it. All this 'number crunching' by the overly educated bean counter is totally unreliable. There is no real/honest data to use, thanks to China's dishonesty. :(

12. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

And yet we accepted a shipment of surgical masks from them. Now they will tweet in every ear how they rescue the hapless America.

winds-of-change, 7point62 and alsaqr like this.
  13. crash11049

No Sir that part I do understand, not hard to understand whats going on in the world.
    I am sure that you must be a intelligent person.
    while your looking up your corona facts, try looking up humor.

Mercator and ellis36 like this.
  14. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

Getting closer and closer to home. Kid's friend from school, who took care of my father in law in the home, her brother passed. Another good friend, her son has it. A friend of mine from way back he passed yesterday. A close friend of ours is a nurse, a week ago, she was complaining that her med center not only didn't provide any masks, they forbid anyone from wearing them. She has gone completely dark and it has me very worried.

wrt to finances. This is going to be ugly, unlike something we haven't seen before. I work for a large multi national corp. Management is freaking out to a level that has me very concerned. I made a proposal on some program expenditures a couple of days ago, they haven't yet accepted. I've never seen this much indecision before. Either accept the proposal or tell me to keep going. Companies are already beginning to fail.

15. Mercator

Are you talking to yourself? :D

leadcounsel likes this.
  16. crash11049

17. Mercator

True colors are showing all over the place. A lot of managers are not real leaders, just well adapted to corporate routine.

18. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Many US companies will cease to exist before this crisis ends.

winds-of-change and Pasquanel like this.
  19. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

That's the crises, not the bug.

20. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

this video probably deserves its on thread... but i cant post in conspiracy.. if anybody else wants to?

Human nature demands that we find a guilty party when something bad happens... so I was at first very skeptical about the noise churning in the background of all this about a supposed Chinese Gov't role. :

As biochemist myself I get a lot of questions from friends and family on this outbreak.

A lot of times I get asked about the Chinese lab release theory.. casually I dismiss them.. dont have time for this ugly side of human nature.. or so I thought..

But perhaps I was wrong..

.. here is an expat in china fluent in Chinese who I been following for a while on separate stuff.
    The young man is by no means a crackpot and has sources: