I am not an alarmist but.... about the outbreak

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bluez, Jan 25, 2020.

1. leadcounsel

leadcounsel Active Member

Thread is a lot easier after adding all the jokers who literally contribute nothing to an important discussion to the ignore list.

alsaqr likes this.
  2. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

The bars are closed, my man :D

W.T. Sherman likes this.

3. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

They doint know yet, but the fact that 50 doctors have died in Italy treating C/V patients would suggest it is.
    You don't need a expert to tell you that its about minimising the risk, you can not eliminate the risk. If you know someone had it just like a cold etc, you would avoid them keep your distance. Because you can not know if someone has it they use social distancing to lesson the risk, its just common sense.

Oldoutlaw, Maineiak and alsaqr like this.
  4. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

as well as the strip clubs, shooting ranges...……….any place a guy goes to have fun:D

7point62 likes this.
  5. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Wellllll in parts of my state I'll wager the " bars " are back open . You just have to know where to find em.

I dont do bars etc now for years. But there has never been and wont ever be a day when one cant find an open " bar" and card game in this neck of the woods. Regardless who says to close or why.

7point62 likes this.
  6. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dude, it's fine to have a serious discussion about Covid 19; but I hardly think this thread can stand as any kind of authoritative source. It's a gun forum. There are many far more reliable internet sources for real-time pandemic information. If I want a serious, valid source, I'm sorry to say, your gun forum posts probably won't be it.

I don't know about you, bro, but I plan to be at that big freakin party when the all-clear sounds.

7. Ghost1958

Your probably on ignore with the rest of us non panicked folks lol.

8. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

I don't think that Bluez and LC have exhibited panic at all . They have sounded the alarm while you have engaged in pooh-poohing , mysticism , conspiracy theory and ( as I see it ) denial .

One man's " panic " might be another man's horrified assessment of reality .

Maineiak, JTJ, alsaqr and 1 other person like this.
  9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

How about 7 pint six 2, is he a mystic? Afterall, that is whom Ghost's comment was directed at?

I am not panicked, I go to work daily, I turkey hunt on the weekends. The only thing missing is going out to get Mexican food once a week or so. I need to make myself a pitcher of margaritas tonight!

10. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

I see some Asian customs are timeless.
    Possibly the Asians knew about this virus stuff from a loong time back?o_O
    download.jpeg-1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    ellis36 likes this.
  11. Rex in OTZ

Introverts and curmudgeon's were practicing social distancing before it was socially acceptable.:D:D:D

20200401_161532.jpg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    RJF22553 likes this.
  12. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

And stop that infernal hand-slapping crap!

ellis

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  13. manta

Yes, got this trough a while back.

14. Ghost1958

Mysticism?
    Nope. Dont dabble in any type of mysticism. Strictly against my religion.

15. Rex in OTZ

Our small OTZ package liquor store has a queue outside, set up with a traffic cone every 6 feet for proper distancing.
    Like a cake walk you move ahead one cone at a time.
    20200402_032848.jpg

At the post office queue marks were put down on the floor and up to the counter.
    20200401_160943.jpg
    20200402_032917.jpg
    At the local grocery store's queue marks on the floor to help with social distancing.

So the significance of coloring inside the lines waaay back in Kindergarden is especially usefull today?:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  16. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, the Trump white house is now predicting 100,000-240,000 US deaths from the virus. There's a lot of air between "it's not as perilous as the flu" and 240,000 folks dead.

"On Monday, when Trump tweeted that the coronavirus was not as perilous as the flu, he said, “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”"

ttps://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-mixed-messages-idUSKBN2102GY

On a lighter note Trump and Pelosi have agreed that two trillion dollars for infrastructure is needed. Only one thing to be worked out: How to pay for it. It' a done deal. :p

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/30/7186...lion-for-infrastructure-but-not-on-how-to-pay

17. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Another $2T? Oy vey!

bluez and alsaqr like this.
  18. manta

Yes he did downplay it fact and now that makes it more difficult to convince people to take it seriously, as some posts on this thread show. IMO like other world leaders he needs to get this right if he wants re elected, and he has not got off to a good start. From the outside watching press interviews he seems to ramble on and make it up as he goes along, having a go at the press if he does not like the question.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  19. freefall

So I've been thinking a little about the economic damage this whole thing is causing. I don't think printing off another few trillion $ to splash around is the best idea.
    I think a saner route would be for the gov't to declare a moratorium on all debts and interest for 90 days. Then the bankers could go back to grinding it out of us once we've gone back to work. Who would lose? The people like me with their money in the bank making 0.75% interest? I could actually do without that for a couple months, a heLL of a lot better than I can with 300% inflation.
    I'm sure counsellor big-brain will tell me why I'm full of it, but I think it's a better response than printing toilet paper that won't flush.

JTJ, RKtullahoma, primer1 and 2 others like this.
  20. freefall

Manta, I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate you continually taking shots at the leadership of MY country.
    If you're so smart, whyn't you do something about the systematic rape of young girls by Muslims in your own?

bluez, ellis36 and Oldoutlaw like this.