I am not an alarmist but.... about the outbreak

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bluez, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

To answer your question
    No it didnt shut a thing down, because it wouldn't have done squat to change anything.

Just like shutting the nation down in every possible way isnt doing diddly now either.
    If it was you wouldn't be flapping around the barnyard clucking the sky is falling.

If you want to hide under the bed surrounded by toilet paper go for it.

I'm probably doing more safeguarding than you.
    But my reason is different. A cold could kill my wife quickly.

If not for that , life as usual for me

2. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

towboater likes this.
  3. leadcounsel

leadcounsel Active Member

More simple concepts lost on you, but I'm not spending another second trying to educate those who are hopeless. Bye bye.

towboater likes this.
  4. BlackGuns4Fun

BlackGuns4Fun Well-Known Member

AIDs is caused by a virus. Is AIDs the flu?

winds-of-change and leadcounsel like this.
  5. leadcounsel

Well, rather than continue to argue with mouth breathers, I've been trying to do something constructive. Yesterday I coordinated with someone with 200 masks to deliver them to a Tacoma hospital in desperate need of masks. Today, I'm donating 60 masks and a big box of gloves I have to my neighbor who is a nurse and says they are in need at the local hospital. I realize that healthcare is nearly overwhelmed and am trying to do my part.

JTJ, winds-of-change and primer1 like this.
  6. Rentacop

LeadCouncel :
    It is good form to attack the person's statements rather than the person himself . Sometimes intelligent people make stupid choices or fall for hoaxes or refuse to face facts or misunderstand something . That may only mean they are human and not that they are incapable of thinking or stupid .

RJF22553, Chainfire and austin92 like this.
  7. Ghost1958

Very true.

They could also be correct.

8. Rentacop

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/u...t-U-xAoaiws45bRWRJI5PxjlkNdSUm48ZoLXqQT24PjbY

" Most doctors today cannot test people for coronavirus, because we just don't have the tests. Every other major country has figured out how to do it. South Korea is testing 15,000 people a day.

Across the European Union, people are getting tests. Even Iran and Vietnam are testing more regularly than we are. We have just managed to bungle this so incredibly badly that most Americans cannot get the test they need. And, as Dr. Fauci said, it's a failing. "

leadcounsel likes this.
  9. Ghost1958

There are many viruses. A cold sore is a virus.
    The reaction to this new virus, which usually causes mild symptoms in otherwise healthy people is more dangerous and doing more damage than the disease. And the reaction isnt helping anything except bankrupt folks and guarantee people herd like wildebeest at a waterhole . Guaranteeing huge gatherings that otherwise wouldn't occur.

bluez and RJF22553 like this.
  10. Ghost1958

Back up.

I'm entitled to an opinion same as you. Go moderate someone else's opinion.

11. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

plot the global growth on a log chart. It's a straight freaking line, which is exponential growth.

leadcounsel likes this.
  12. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

I saw something interesting today. Italy's growth rate and death rate are pretty high... Apparently used a new "type" of flu vaccine for this years flu. It was speculated that vaccine is leading to the spread and death rate.

towboater likes this.
  13. Rentacop

Ghost1958 :
    If I understand your position correctly, you are saying:

1) The government is shutting much of the country down for cynical and dishonest reasons involving power over the people .

2) Even though other countries are taking drastic measures, there is no need to shut down our country .

3) That because most people suffer only mild symptoms , letting the disease spread normally would do less harm than shutting everything down .

4) That you do not think staying 6 feet from others will help prevent spread of the disease.

5) That you think people should go about their lives normally even while advised to stay put .

Have I stated your positions properly ?

winds-of-change likes this.
  14. leadcounsel

Perspective: The first US virus death was 24 days ago, on 1 March. Today we are at 775, or roughly 25% of the total lost in the 9/11/01 attacks. We will reach 3000+ deaths at this rate in ~8 days. If it continues to double every approximately 4 days we will exceed the 3000 by early April. We will exceed all American lives lost in all wars this century by May. Then the death count starts getting really staggering. Tens and then hundreds of thousands... do your part to save lives, and stay home if you can. Stop any chance of spreading this virus. Donate any PPE to medical care workers for hospitals.

Chainfire and Rentacop like this.
  15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Did I ever tell you all about the time I rented a gas powered chain saw and took down three VERY TALL poplars? I must have been insane.

There are admins
    C3shooter
    LT2108
    jbardellini
    Balota
    Winds-of-change
    There are hundreds of virus. Polio, HIV, rhinovirus, Flu A, Flu B, Ebola virus, Marburg virus, rabies, smallpox, hantavirus, dengue, SARS, various Coronavirus, rotavirus, to name a few.
    Some are ‘just a flu’ some are downright deadly.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  16. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yep every body has opinions. Not every bodies opinions are well thought out and based on facts. The “kids” with 85 and less IQs have opinions. But it is pretty apparent to Joe average that they aren’t very well informed or well thought out. So, few people bother to listen to them.

One of the things that mystifies me is that Joe Average knows with great certainty that he is twice as smart as a Special Olympic athlete, but can’t quite figure out that the guy with an IQ of 115, is twice as smart as the best of the Joe Averages.

You keep saying that since both are viruses, the corona virus is the same same as the flu. They are not the same.

One is novel or new to humans, and the other has been part of our evolution forever. We have no genetic keying to attack the novel corona virus. There are no preprogrammed short cuts. The immune system has to figure this one out from scratch. And while it is doing that for ten to fourteen days, the person with it is contagious.

When the Corona virus has been there for a while and really had time to replicate a lot, the immune system finally figures out the Corona virus is there, it over reacts. Causing a whole host of dire consequences. Right now the Corona Virus appears to be around a hundred times more fatal than influenza.

And I’m calling you son of bonobo, to make the point that you share more DNA with a bonobo, than those two viruses share RNA. (viruses don’t have DNA, just RNA)

JRDallas and leadcounsel like this.
  17. leadcounsel

I haven't heard that. What I have heard is that when Italy went into lock down, a lot of people totally ignored it and it was a game. A week later, their hospitals were over-run and doing triage and forced to simply let thousands of people die at a rate of 500 - 800 daily. No treatment, just some comforting prayers while they died. Deaths have soared this week, and even more up 8% in the last day, on the heels of massive loss of lives. No deaths just weeks ago, now approaching 6000 dead.

Pattern repeated in Spain. Ignored warnings and had major holiday cultural festivals. Now hospitals totally overwhelmed, thousands dying in rapid succession. They simply have no workers or equipment to treat them. No deaths a week or two ago, now jumping 20% daily and at 7000 dead!

US is following same pattern. All the IJTFB morons have caused a situation where it was ignored and poo-pooed. We had a 25% increase in deaths in the last 24 hours, now at 800 dead.

Dunno about different flu shot strains, but folks really could have helped slow this mess if they had heeded common sense warnings. Stupidity is tragic, and not always just for the stupid person but sadly innocent people too.

Oldoutlaw, manta, Chainfire and 2 others like this.
  18. Ghost1958

Well, you just wrote an essay
    1 claiming something I didnt say. In fact clarified just the opposite

2. Told me a bunch of stuff I already knew but thanks.

3 Wasted your and my time along with personally insulting me.

This virus and the different strains of flu are if experts are to be believed very similar.

None of which is my point.
    Point is the thing is being WAY over reacted to in ways causing more harm than good.

Hope tha that's finally understood.
    Now I'm done messing with the new boogieman thread.

19. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

IJTFB................what is this? I'm tired of trying to figure out what people, who are too lazy to spell out actual words, are saying. :mad:

Rifling82, ellis36, austin92 and 2 others like this.