I am not an alarmist but.... about the outbreak

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bluez, Jan 25, 2020.

1. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, then there is this:

https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/ameri...-beer-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-survey-finds/

FTA:"...Some American beer drinkers are avoiding Corona, the beer, amid the deadly coronavirus outbreak, according to a new survey.

A surprising 38 percent of beer drinkers insisted that they would not, under any circumstances, buy Corona as the deadly virus spreads across the globe, according to the survey conducted by 5W Public Relations.

“There is no question that Corona beer is suffering because of the coronavirus,” Ronn Torossian, founder of 5WPR, said in a statement...."

2. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

My wife and I - both over 65, are both in the category of "pre-existing conditions". We are both spiritually prepared for whatever God's wishes are. Our greatest concerns right now - should the inevitable occur earlier than we thought - is the care for our horses and barn cats.

We are both prime targets: her on immune-suppressive drugs for RA, me as a cancer patient.

Fortunately, we both limit our excursions from our farm as much as possible. Excursions are predominantly for medical appointments, with stops for food essentials and toilet-paper re-stocking, and feed for our ponies and kitties... They are a bit of a concern, but unavoidable.

We never much cared for crowds, so we aren't "suffering". On the other hand, tomorrow is a special day: a leap-year birthday! She'll be 18!;)

We'll have a special friend visiting us for the weekend; the sounds of chuckling and happiness we only get with her visit. A friend we've known for 20 years, who has gone through some tough times.

It will be a special weekend, full of love and happiness and joy. Perhaps our semi-feral barn cats may relish in that (not likely, but hopefully).

It'll be a very happy weekend, with lots of happy cackling/laughing, which always brings a smile for me. She is my wife's best friend, and probably mine too for the camaraderie we share.

We're not fretting over the CoronaVirus: all of us believe that that "God's will" will be done, and are accepting of that. We are all mortal.

Then again, we're not going to be dancing on the edge to tempt it...If for no other reason than to protect the ones we love; human and non...

formerCav, Ghost1958, TimKS and 2 others like this.

3. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

I never underestimate the stupidity of some people

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    RJF22553, Nmwabbit and ellis36 like this.
  4. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I've heard that since they're getting hammered by this virus thing that Corona is considering changing their name to something less threatening, like Ebola.

RJF22553 likes this.
  5. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

I typically work on stuff 6 months from now. I'm already expecting disruptions.

Personally, we're always well stocked up on food and other stuff. I keep 21 gallons of treated drinking water in the basement... which we take camping with us... Sure beats some awful campground water for drinking and cooking. Wife is a pressure canning fool, we literally could survive for an extended period of time if we had to. There's always a "brick" of TP, tap into the new one, another gets ordered. But that is partially about saving money too. She uses one source for that type of product that keeps giving her large coupons, puts stuff on sale, and there's additional tie in to Amex. Think she told me the last order of $75, cost her $20.

We have added some extra supplies like theraflu, alcohol, sanitary wipes, peroxide etc. Even a couple small packages of masks, although their benefit is pretty limited.

bluez and leadcounsel like this.
  6. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

A second case of "novel" coronavirus was diagnosed in CA.

"SAN JOSE — California health officials on Friday confirmed the second case of novel coronavirus in the United States believed to have been transmitted to a person who didn’t travel internationally or come in close contact with anyone who had it.

Health officials in San Jose said the patient was an older adult woman with chronic health conditions who does not have a travel history or any known contact with a traveler or infected person. It comes a day after state officials said a woman hospitalized at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento had contracted the illness after no known contact.

“This new case indicates that there is evidence of community transmission, but the extent is still not clear,” said Dr. Sara Cody, health officer for Santa Clara County and director of the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ag...ommunity/ar-BB10rBUJ?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=AVRES000

7. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Its about time we had a good purge

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  8. W.T. Sherman

unfortunately, the purge won't touch the people who deserves to be purged from the face of the earth ie. politicians; repugnicans along with the demoncrats, all we can hope is their little minions might fall "victim" ie. hannity, maddow………...cancer is already going to take one of them out :D

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    alsaqr and Nmwabbit like this.
  9. leadcounsel

leadcounsel Active Member

Positive case near Portland Oregon. School staff employee, with symptoms now going on 9 days. Tested positive. No links to how infected. Unknown how many people infected in that 1-2 weeks or longer.

alsaqr likes this.
  10. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Active Member

the good citizens of this country who actively interact with other unknown citizens regularly/constantly due to business/pleasure yet fail to engage with appropriate hand cleaning protocols, washing with soap, rinse, dry with paper towels, then apply moisturizer or use immediate portable disinfection measures
    AND​
    then engage with touching their face, eyes, nose, and mouth shouldn't be surprised when flu - regular or exotic gets into their system.

last time you took your bills in change from a cashier; touched the debit/credit keypad; grabbed the gas pump handle; touched the checkout counter at Lowes; or, or
    AND​
    then had your eye twitch from the wind; or nose feel like it's about to run from the same wind; or darn it missed your mouth with the Zaxby's salad: then wipe your eye, nose, or stuff the food back into your mouth with the palm side of your hand where you touched the bills, debit/credit keyboard, gas pump handle, and put your palm flat on the lowes checkout counter!

hummm?

11. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Why????:confused:

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Feds are looking at war powers act to compel emergency production of hazmat gear. Meanwhile the Despicable's are trying to thwart efforts to combat the virus and score political points. They dont seem to care how bad it gets as long as it hurts Trump.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  13. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Has nobody ever studied history???:confused: This is not something new. The only thing 'new' is the ability to cause mass alarm.:( We have more and better technology to deal with 'problems' like this then ever before, but instead of pointing this out they, the media, is trying to cause mass hysteria to keep the story in the news as long as possible and make as $$ as they can!:mad:

14. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

There are a bunch of us out there who agree with this line of thought (aka. 'common sense'). :D

15. alsaqr

A New York man came back from Japan, got sick and was hospitalized. His doctors asked CDC to test but that agency refused.

"At NYU Brooklyn, they put him in isolation, and ran a battery of tests for other things - all negative. Then, per protocol, they called the CDC, because NYU Suspect COVID-19, but the CDC said no.

The CDC says they thought he wasn't sick enough - even though public health experts say most coronavirus cases are more minor, and it flies in the face of what the CDC said on a press call on Friday."

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on coronavirus

1. CDC dragged their feet in preparing for the outbreak.

2. CDC developed a testing protocol that don't work.

3. CDC refused doctors requests to test sick folks.

4. President appointed a non-doctor political hack in charge.

5. Yesterday in a speech to his faithful, Trump called coronavirus a hoax.

W.T. Sherman and winds-of-change like this.
  16. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

#5 Do you mean the edited video, fresh after the cut when he says "this is the new hoax". Or could I just not find a video where Trump actually say the virus is a hoax?

I can edit my above paragraph to say "...he says...the virus is actually a hoax"

Ghost1958 and RJF22553 like this.
  17. alsaqr

18. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Live updates: First U.S. death confirmed; travel restrictions announced today Saturday travel to and from affecting Iran, Italy and South Korea in response to coronavirus.
    It was confirmed that the women who died in Washington State's health was a high risk and she had just returned from Korea!
    IMO anyone traveling out of the country or returning should at least be quarantined for 15 days upon returning until proven healthy and no coronavirus contamination. If nothing else by law quarantined in their homes! Failure to do so = 1 years in jail or prison!;)
    They are also advising the simple masks being purchased will not protect a person from the coronavirus. Only quality respirator type masks are effective!

19. W.T. Sherman

here is a serious question I have to ask for all those that are panic about coronavirus, if you are that concern about it

do you wear a mask everywhere you go outside the home? ie. to the mall? grocery shopping, bank? at work? and do you force your family members that live with you to wear a mask when they leave the home?

because the way this thing pops up, is you don't have any warning what so ever it's in your city. once it announced that X city has a "victim" or "victims", it's too late. you just may have contact with the person, or the people who had contact with him and not even know it. now it gets passed to you, by way of sneezing, coughing, getting change for something you bought that the person before you coughed on it.

the incubation period is something like 2 weeks(?). so in that time, you could be a "walking pandemic" and bring it home to your family, friends co- workers, people who had any contact with you.

this isn't a vector, where it gets pass around by fleas and other creeping things ...where eradiating the host that those vectors feed on, eradiated the disease. this thing is a virus that gets passed on by surfaces, air etc... .

so unless you wear a mask, every fricken place you go and latex gloves, it's a moot point, to get yourself in state of concern or a panic about it.

I just came back from the mall, grocery shopping, went to the bank and guess what? not a single person I saw was wearing a mask...…..…….NOT A ONE.

NOW, lets say you are vigilant and do wear a mask latex gloves etc,,,now, all you have to do is force your family members that live with you to do the same.

I can tell you how that will go, as soon as they are out of sight of you, "dad's just plain nuts" and off comes the mask gloves etc...….. then when they return they might bring the virus home with them.

alsaqr and Nmwabbit like this.
  20. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Active Member

W.T. Sherman, et al., ...we're Americans - who have the obstinate mentality - can happen here in the goode olde U S of A to us!