I am looking at a SPAS -12 purchase soon...

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by orlando_marquez, Dec 29, 2013.

1. orlando_marquez

orlando_marquez New Member

My coworker is selling both his SPAS 12's. I am interested in the shorter top SPAS. He is asking $600 for the top and $700 for the bottom.

Does anyone have any tips/clues to look for? Any owner opinions on these? I briefly saw AM letter markings on top just past the reciever... is this the manufacture date of mid 80's?? I have heard of these makes and models but am complety in the dark as a potential buyer.

ForumRunner_20131229_172902.jpg

2. orlando_marquez

Just found the manufacture code of AS... 1987.

3. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

I would jump on it!
    Quite envious that you have the opportunity to get one!

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

I haven't seen many for less than a grand. If I had the money and opportunity, I'd get both.

5. orlando_marquez

... and I'm having a helluva time trying to find the original folding stock...

My wife would kill me if I bought both!

6. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

It's a bloody anti aircraft gun Vincent. (What movie?)

Seems like a good deal. They definitely are a recognizable gun for collector value. Their size made a lot of folks seek less bulky options when they came along. But they still have that cool factor. That must be friend prices.

7. orlando_marquez

I'm seeing online postings... I guess I'm being given the coworker pricing. I'm taking I should'nt negotiate, I should just get it at $600.

8. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Tri star arms has just released their version of the pump/ semi auto shotgun for just under $700 msrp. I would still get the hard to find spas12 if it were me.

9. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

The movie would be Snatch.

10. orlando_marquez

Bought the 18 inch barrel SPAS 12 after all. I have the full polymer stock and the polymer pistol grip. I preferred using the full stock. Bought from coworker, $600 cash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Attached Files: