I am dropping...

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by cottontop, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottontop

cottontop Guest

I am dropping my NRA membership. More specifically, when it runs out, which should be soon, I will not renew it. I just received the new issue of the American Rifleman and it is filled with nothing but propaganda, most of which is not true. I don't want to read that crap. In the whole issue there is not one decent article about reloading varmint and/or hunting rounds. There is not one article about sporting rifles. I am done with them. The NRA is the problem. They are creating fear and paranoia in gullible gunowners. The garbage they are spewing out is just not true. Intelligent people in the know look at them as being a big joke and their administrators are as ignorant as a pile of rocks when it comes to knowning the real issues. They are not lobbyists, they are terrorists.
    CT

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

sooo your saying democrats arent actively campaigning to strip second ammendment rights away?? the state of new york didnt really ban ownership of firearms??

for the next four years at least we got bigger issues than the next recipe for a varmint bullet. the single best means of stopping the gun grabs and loss of our constitutional rights at the moment is the NRA and GOA. the second ammendment is NOT about hunting or hunting rifles or duck hunting shotguns. its about retaining the ability of the people of this nation to be armed with similar weapons in common use around the world so that we can stop a tyranical govt from taking this nation over.

cant happen?? it happened in germany. no one thought hitler was a bad guy until he started executing people. FDR himself had sent many well wishes and congratualtions to hitler when he became chancellor.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013

3. Robert121571

Robert121571 New Member

Couldn't have said it any better.

4. vincent

vincent New Member

Cotton, it's your money to spend as you see fit. I disagree with you on your take however...

Might you consider joining the GOA or another 2A organization?

Does the NRA spend our money judiciously? Nope, nothing is perfect...

Is the NRA an effective organization? Yup, can't deny that...

Don't like how they are protecting our rights? See you on Capitol Hill...

I hope you will show support to another organization...

Keep in mind, those who do nothing deserve nothing...:cool:

5. orangello

orangello New Member

If you need to get to town, and there is no horse, ride the mule.

IOW, they may not be perfect or even alltogether wholesome, but they are the only lobbying/activist group that is being heard speaking up for our 2A rights at the present time.

6. JAD

JAD New Member

1/4 MILLION new NRA members, guns FLYING off the shelves, most stores OUT of AMMO! It's all the NRA's fault

7. cottontop

cottontop Guest

nra

Even though I have a Degree in English, I have several minors, one of them is history. Yes I know about your Hitler reference and you are correct on that. Another politician (who ran for president as a 3rd party candidate in the early 1970's) was George Wallace. His campaign was almost exactly a dead ringer copy of what Hitler's was when Hitler was running for chancellor.
    One of the reasons I stopped going to church and became an agnostic was because I was tired of a group that I voluntarily joined telling me what to believe and who to vote for. But, I doubt if anyone on this forum gets it.
    CT

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
  8. Jon-in-TN

Jon-in-TN New Member

Correct. If the NRA didn't exist we wouldn't have ant 2nd amendment rights at all.

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

..... hmm_yes_i_see_youre_a_moron_trollcat.jpg

:cool:

10. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

I doubt if the NRA will miss anyone who is only interested in reloading and hunting and nothing about protecting the second amendment.

11. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

I agree with SOME of what you wrote cotton top. I am seeing and hearing things coming from the executive leadership over there and some of it blows my mind. I know what they are trying to accomplish....but some of it is also backfiring big time and the media is having a field day with it.

They ARE the strongest voice in support of 2A so like people said above, you have to just roll with it for now. I also did not renew my NRA membership because I simply dont know what direction they are headed next....

Its a double edged sword man.

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I dropped my membership when Obama was re-elected. That to me was proof enough that the NRA and its members had lost their effectiveness. I threw away my 2012 NRA challenge coin.

13. cottontop

cottontop Guest

nra

Oh, I like this. Resorting to name calling; the most primitive form of defense mechanism. Thanks. You are helping to prove my point.;)
    CT

14. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

which is ... that the NRA isn't catering to your reloading and hunting priorities? :rolleyes: that you feel the current climate regarding gun control is blown out of proportion? :rolleyes:

New flash ... did you miss the actions of NY's Gov Cuomo last Tuesday? :confused: Or were you too busy concerning yourself with duck season? If Gov Cuomo had his way ... that shotgun of yours would have been banned ... and confiscated! :cool:

But you're right ... let's all sing hymns and hold hands in celebration that they allowed you to keep your shotgun and 7 rnd limit :cool:

15. JAD

JAD New Member

This snack mix is crazy salty! Who eats that much salt?!

16. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

These pretzels are making me thirsty. Lol

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

CT, our gun rights are an issue that is under attack and has been for years. every gun control law, restriction or ban is an infringement on our gun rights and the 2nd amendment.

we have to remain vigilant or they will take more and more until we have no gun rights left. the NRA is the largest organization that has any real political clout to battle for our gun rights. is the NRA not without it's faults? not hardly. any organization it's size will have problems, but it also is fighting for our rights, everyday.

it would be nice if we lived in a perfect world where we had a government administration that was serving us rather than vice versa, if all we had to use our firearms for recreation and hunting, if everyone lived in harmaony and there were no wars and fighting. but that world just doesn't exist. the very actions and comments made by the media and our own government lead me to believe that they do not serve us, nor have they for many years. our country is in one huge mess and getting worse.

18. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Yeah... I didn't join the NRA because THEY scared me, or because THEIR leadership sent me "spooooooky fear messages."

I joined the NRA, because as we speak, there is legislation, laws, people, politicians, and morons who would want NOTHING MORE than to take every gun I have, if not severely restrict what I own.

People in politics who view me as a threat to this country, and wouldn't shed one tear if I got locked away for 10 years in a federal prison, for owning an AR-15.

You sir, are entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to the facts. And the facts are, the NRA uses my, and every one else's money, to stand up for us gun owners, when others would like to see us gone.

19. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

But hey...no one's going to stop you from hunting, right?.....

http://www.vpc.org/studies/sniper.htm

Gun industry excesses, as exemplified by the sniper rifle, can best be controlled by comprehensive regulation of the firearms industry�virtually the only industry now exempt from consumer health and safety laws. In the absence of overall regulation, the Violence Policy Center proposes the following strategy for dealing with the deadly consequences that are certain to follow this cynical gun industry marketing campaign.

Bring heavy and intermediate sniper rifles under the control of the National Firearms Act.
    Evaluate an import ban on sniper rifles.
    Improve reporting and record-keeping requirements.
    Use the civil justice system to hold manufacturers accountable.
    Ban the sale of armor-piercing ammunition

Whoopsie.......... .17HMR can pierce bullet proof vests....

20. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

CT its unfortunate you didn't take the time to get a degree in common sense! Mountainman a flatlander who works in a gun shop in the commie state of Massachusetts does not understand the value of an NRA membership! Yikes as the man said somethings can't be fixed!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.