Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beretta model 1951, and Yugoslavian M-70, both bought online at fair prices, both in better condition than described. In fact, I don't think the Yugo has been fired since it left the factory, new magazines (2) new holster. There are still deals out there, you just have to look a little harder for them now days. I don't mind investing time in the search, it is just another fun part of the game.

·
Premium Member
12,196 Posts
I saw some of those berettas last fall for $250. They had a whole cabinet dedicated just for them. I wish I grabbed one or three.

·
Premium Member
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I saw some of those berettas last fall for $250. They had a whole cabinet dedicated just for them. I wish I grabbed one or three.
I surely paid more than that, but not as much as the ton of them that are listed on GB now. This one appears to be a grade better than the ones offered by the big seller on the Bun Groper right now. I took it out today with a single box of my precious 9MM and it performed very well, but hey, it is a Beretta....The world being as topsy-turvy as it is today, I bought the Yugo, because I have a good stash of .32 auto to feed it. You shoot what 'ya got. ;)

The Yugoslavian M-70 is a nice little range gun, between the weight of the all steel gun, and the lack of recoil of the .32 auto, it is like shooting a .22. Those guns, although surplus, are still in production in Europe and are popular for SD. I guess Europeans are not as tough as us Americans. Heck we have to plan on shooting someone 15 times with 9MM to be safe. :0

·
Premium Member
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Chain, what is a good M-70 worth? I need some pricing help. These are rated very good to excellent.
That is the same deal I got, from the same seller. Is is a good deal? I seemed to be about $40.00 more than they were a year ago. You can buy them a lot cheaper on J&G Sales, but they have no rear sight, only one magazine, and are fairly worn. I thought is was a good deal. I believe that when the wholesale supply of these dry up, they will do like every other surplus firearm, and rapidly rise in price.

I will say this, Rguns was a pain in the butt to deal with. My FFL has received dozens of guns for me, none have ever been a problem. My FFL will not send his license unless it is requested by the seller. He had been burned by someone using a copy of his FFL to buy a bunch of stuff at a gun show, and it brought down the wrath of the BATFE on him.

The Rguns rep did not want to send the email to request the license. What was worse, Rguns sells a lot of guns on Gunbroker where my FFL is registered, a few keystrokes and she would have had the FFL licnese, but she wanted to be obstinate. She spent far more time on the phone with me and responding to emails than she would have spent just sending him a request.....

The woman acted like she was doing me a great favor to take my money. I finally sent her an email stating that I had no control over the policies of either company, and if the issue could not be solved by the next day, just refund my money. So, in the end, she must have sent the request. It shipped the next day. It was not so much what happened, but the way the woman talked to me on the phone, I am a patient man, but came within about two seconds of telling her what to do with her pistol. Personally, I will not deal with them again, life is too short to get in a big hassle over a cheap pistol.

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
That is the same deal I got, from the same seller. Is is a good deal? I seemed to be about $40.00 more than they were a year ago. You can buy them a lot cheaper on J&G Sales, but they have no rear sight, only one magazine, and are fairly worn. I thought is was a good deal. I believe that when the wholesale supply of these dry up, they will do like every other surplus firearm, and rapidly rise in price.

I will say this, Rguns was a pain in the butt to deal with. My FFL has received dozens of guns for me, none have ever been a problem. My FFL will not send his license unless it is requested by the seller. He had been burned by someone using a copy of his FFL to buy a bunch of stuff at a gun show, and it brought down the wrath of the BATFE on him.

The Rguns rep did not want to send the email to request the license. What was worse, Rguns sells a lot of guns on Gunbroker where my FFL is registered, a few keystrokes and she would have had the FFL licnese, but she wanted to be obstinate. She spent far more time on the phone with me and responding to emails than she would have spent just sending him a request.....

The woman acted like she was doing me a great favor to take my money. I finally sent her an email stating that I had no control over the policies of either company, and if the issue could not be solved by the next day, just refund my money. So, in the end, she must have sent the request. It shipped the next day. It was not so much what happened, but the way the woman talked to me on the phone, I am a patient man, but came within about two seconds of telling her what to do with her pistol. Personally, I will not deal with them again, life is too short to get in a big hassle over a cheap pistol.
I texted my FFL to send rguns his info yesterday. He sent it. Talked to rguns today and all OK. Easy transaction. However, I just followed rguns instructions on ordering a firearm. Their web site stated that they must have my FFL's info first or the order would be cancelled. So for me it was easy peasy. Nice folks I thought.

·
Premium Member
14,306 Posts
I have about 500 rounds of 32 acp to feed my Keltec P32. That will hold me until I run into a decent price. I wish Ruger would bring the LCP2 out in 32 acp. Might have to look into the Zastava M70.

Reactions: Ingramite

·
Premium Member
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I texted my FFL to send rguns his info yesterday. He sent it. Talked to rguns today and all OK. Easy transaction. However, I just followed rguns instructions on ordering a firearm. Their web site stated that they must have my FFL's info first or the order would be cancelled. So for me it was easy peasy. Nice folks I thought.
Like I said, I have no control over the policies of the two businesses involved. If my FFL wants to have verification of where he is sending his license, I don't blame him. And nothing excuses the tone that the seller's rep. used with me. So I will badmouth Rguns for the rest of my days because of it; that I do have control over. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
Like I said, I have no control over the policies of the two businesses involved. If my FFL wants to have verification of where he is sending his license, I don't blame him. And nothing excuses the tone that the seller's rep. used with me. So I will badmouth Rguns for the rest of my days because of it; that I do have control over. ;)
Very true. I just wanted you to know I had no problem and it was a good experience with them. I just followed the order instructions.
You sure are hell bent on complaining and bad mouthing folks. Glad I am not bitter all the time like you seem to be. Jeesh.

·
Premium Member
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very true. I just wanted you to know I had no problem and it was a good experience with them. I just followed the order instructions.
You sure are hell bent on complaining and bad mouthing folks. Glad I am not bitter all the time like you seem to be. Jeesh.
And you say that as you are badmouthing me. I love it.

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
But he never mentioned anything about his experience with RGuns being Trump's fault Steve.:rolleyes:

This is an improvement indeed

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
Well, got my new M70 today. Great customer service and super fast shipping from rguns. They got my order on Monday and I got my new gun today. Wednesday. It is beautiful!
Gonna take some work to get cosmo or what ever off, but it looks new after just wiping it a bit.
Gonna start on that Friday. Great feel in hand with this smaller puppy.

20210407_175040.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Well, got my new M70 today. Great customer service and super fast shipping from rguns. They got my order on Monday and I got my new gun today. Wednesday. It is beautiful!
Gonna take some work to get cosmo or what ever off, but it looks new after just wiping it a bit.
Gonna start on that Friday. Great feel in hand with this smaller puppy.

View attachment 240919
I didn't know you had a mouse problem.😂

·
Premium Member
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good deal! NIB pistol. After about a week slathered in Pecard Antique Leather Dressing, the holster is beginning to come around. It was new, but dry as a bone and stiff as a board.

Mine had as much of that sticky grease on the inside as on the outside. I pulled the grip panels, soaked it for a while in some gasoline, hosed it off, and did a detail strip and clean.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I had a Polish P64 that I regret selling. Also a Beretta 84bb.
I've looked at the M 50 and also the M 70....I still don't know much about them.

How so you carry the M70?
I mean what condition?

·
Premium Member
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good deal! NIB pistol. After about a week slathered in Pecard Antique Leather Dressing, the holster is beginning to come around. It was new, but dry as a bone and stiff as a board.
I had a Polish P64 that I regret selling. Also a Beretta 84bb.
I've looked at the M 50 and also the M 70....I still don't know much about them.

How so you carry the M70?
I mean what condition?
There is not a lot of options as far as I am concerned. The safety is too easy to move to carry cocked and locked for me. It doesn't have a half-cock or a grip safety. Since I like my leg, I would have to carry it without a round in the chamber. In any case, I wouldn't carry one .32 auto is a little anemic, for my taste, for self defense. To each his own, but .380 is least powerful round that I would carry. For carry I want something that will stop a threat quickly.

For me, it is just a curiosity piece, a range plinker and a historic firearm. Although these are still being produced in Europe and they are popular there as a SD pistol, you will never find new ones that say "Made in Yugoslavia" on them.

·
Premium Member
12,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I innocently went with my son to the FFL for him to pick up a pistol he had ordered online, and I will just be damned if another Mil-surp pistol, priced right was in the counter and I had to do it...... I have a pretty good stock of that ammo, and I shot the snot out of it this afternoon and the more I shot it the better I liked it. I didn't get one of these back in the day when you could have bought them for around $150.00, but neither did I pay Gunbroker price. This piece was a 1953 made military pistol, and looks like it was factory refurbished in '77, and was not shot very much since, it is in excellent condition.

CZ-52 in 7.62 x 25

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts