I’m losing sight of the target.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Vincine, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Okay Guys. I’ve been shooting my pistols for a day or two now and so far and I can get most, and occasionally all, of my .22 rounds on a 3x5 index card (200 cards, dollar store) at 7 yards. Occasionally I can even put a couple of holes in the little colored stickers I slap on them. This is with a Ruger 22/45 with a 4”+ sight radius.

The G19 is another story. If I’m lucky, I can get half a magazine on a 9” paper plate (200 plates, at the two dollar store). On one plate the holes will be spread all over, the next I’ll get a relatively tight group of five or six shots max.

Both pistols have stock sights. The 22/45 has a big honking black blade I can easily center in its rear notch. My groups tightened right up when I concentrated on equalizing the white space between the outside of blade and the inside of the Grand Canyon, and didn’t wait until I had a perfect sight picture.

On the other hand I’m less than enthralled with the sights on the G19. It barely has any space on the sides of its blade and I don’t get anything resembling a gaggle of holes in the same neighborhood, even if I do put the dot in the box.

Yeah, I’m sure recoil, shooting in the ‘dark’, and other stuff has something to do with it too, but I’m just wondering what youse guys prefer on your CCW sights; little glow in the dark dots, triangles, hide an’ peek, AWACS, teeny tiny reflex, what?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  2. g23shooter

g23shooter New Member

Glock sights suck. Get some some after market sights. I use the tritium truglo sights. They will definitely improve your shooting.
    There are cheaper sights if you do not get tritium.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I buy mine from optics planet for around $85. They're almost a must have.

4. levelcross

levelcross New Member

The stock white Glock sights are less that desirable. Good aftermarket sights will help just about anyone. Shop around as prices do vary a lot.

5. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

I like my truglo TFO sights. They are great in all light conditions. They aren't really made for precision shooting, but you'll be able to key hole a few with some practice.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  6. Vincine

Vincine New Member

So far three votes for Tritium Truglo.

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Trijicon, tru-glo, and meprolite are all good brands. I use trijicons

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Reference ...

Attached Files:

9. Vincine

Vincine New Member

So I guess Trijicon & Tru-Glo are different brands.

10. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Yes'em....

11. Car54

Car54 New Member

Trijicon, meprolite, or tru-glo. If money is a factor, you could try some hi-glow paint, irredescent paint, or some reflective tape to try before buying.

12. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I put on Meprolights on all my Glocks. About $75-80 from rockyourglock.com