Hyundai/Kia recall

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Dec 4, 2020.

1. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Another recall on H/K vehicles. Multiple engine sizes and models.
    They've had a problem for years with their engines seizing up. It's caused by metal reside left in the block from milling causing hearing wear and connecting for failure.
    They knew and did nothing, now they've been forced to recall.
    Check your vehicle to see if it's included!

2. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Interesting. Strange, that with a block crafted in pieces, that milling tailings cannot be first fully cleaned out of all the nooks and crannies prior to assembly. Sounds like a deliberate cost-"saving" measure.

Looks like they're about to find out how much they've "saved" by doing so.

3. slow_burn

slow_burn Active Member

and here i was listening to the radio ads for a local dealer, claiming "lifetime warranty" on the engine...

HHMmmmmmmm...........

one way to "teach them a lesson"...??

BOYCOTT the dealerships and DO NOT BUY USED from private parties either.

4. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

If you did not buy cars from manufactures that have had recalls, you would be walking.

alsaqr and Chainfire like this.
  5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, we got a recall notice on my wife's 2016 Ford Edge. Some front brake hoses may leak, emptying the brake fluid reservoir.

Bad news is they don't have a fix yet: Ford's best bet is 1st quarter, 2021.

6. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Lady driving a Hyahdra (sp) got a recall (sort of) this afternoon when she hit the rear end of my 350 Ford Superduty while it was parked on a city street in St. Louis. Bent my bunper about a half inch.She hit the accelerator, not the brake, as she pulled in to park. Suv crumpled like a beer can. Nice lady, luckily unhuirt.

7. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

narrowed down my car and truck purchases to Toyota, we bought a high mileage 05' Sienna (172,000 miles) and an 07' Tundra (244,000 miles) and both run like new, whatever short coming they may have is nothing compared to other vehicles we've owned, there are two Tundra's that have made the million mile mark, one was an oil field service truck and I know they take a beating.

ellis36 likes this.