hypocrite here :)

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by cakesterkiller, Mar 8, 2013.

1. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

so for the longest time I've wanted a Remington 1100 and I almost got one a few months ago then some things came up with my now ex-wife and the money had to go elsewhere. i always said that I didn't want a Mossberg but I few days ago i was made an offer i couldn't refuse.... now I have a Mossberg 930 "roadblocker" it's awesome it shoots softer than most but I'd bet that has a little to do with the muzzle break off the barret .50.... here she is.... still thinking of a good name for her.... does anyone know where to get a pistol grip/butstock stock anywhere? just to be clear I don't want a stand alone pistol grip I also want the butstock with it as a solid piece.

Attached Files:

2. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Nice.
    I love my 1100's
    But my Son gave me a Mossberg.
    Love it too.

3. AFerree

AFerree New Member

ATI Gunstocks makes great pistol grip stocks. Love their products.

4. cakesterkiller

ATI only makes stocks for the pump guns not the autos

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  6. cakesterkiller

thank you that is what I'm looking for but the website said it was out of stock

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

the muzzle brake is a bit odd since 12gauge dont benefit from them. but i think you did better with the mossberg than the baikal/remington.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

9. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I don't really understand the point of the muzzlebreak? Is that supposed to be something tacticool? Or does it actually serve a purpose? To me it looks like more of a pain in the a$$ to have it hanging on the front of my barrel than anything.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  10. cakesterkiller

it is big it is ugly and im sure that the semi auto part helps alot but 12 gauge slugs out of it recoil less than birdshot out of a pump 20 gauge.... the break helps I feel... the second follow up shot busting clays with it was also alot quicker than my buddy was getting with his pump gun

11. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I wonder if the SpeedFeed III set for the 500/590 fits the 930 but probably not. Worth asking to me...

Attached Files:

12. Fleetman

Fleetman New Member

It's muzzle BRAKE, not break. Anyway, it does help reduce recoil with slugs and I guess it would prevent a barrel burst during door breaches and similar. I have one of the Mossberg barrels for an 870 with this type of muzzle break and it IS heavy (probably contributes to less felt recoil on it's own) and seems pretty "big" for lack of a better word but it does look cool in pictures!

13. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I suppose it would make some sense with slugs, do you think that big ugly muzzle BREAK is more effective than the smaller "door breaching" style ones? If not then I would definitely prefer the smaller ones to that large one.

I know how to spell it, I had a momentary brain fart, thank god for the grammar nazis, I doubt the op would have known what I was talking about without your correction :rolleyes:

14. cakesterkiller

i haven't had the opportunity to demo the breacher barrels but i am kicking around the idea of picking a new brake or new barrel all together