Hy-point carbine 9mm

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by ishotmyself, Dec 27, 2011.

1. ishotmyself

ishotmyself New Member

S this rifle legal in califonia, and can any one let me know about this one thanks

2. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011

3. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I would check about the cali complient thing. I have owned a 995 hi point carbine for four years, love it. Never had the first problem with it. If I did though, life time warrenty.

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

One thing I can guarantee you about the Hi-Point, is that it won't be in my hands when it's fired!:(:(

5. downsouth

downsouth New Member

So, you've had a bad experience?

6. locutus

Let's just say that I've seen enough of them on the range, and taken them apart for maintenance for other peope, that I'll never have personal experience shooting one.:(

7. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Quite different then what I have seen. The #1 firearm bought by Leo's for off duty here is a hi-point. My 995 has been running since the 1st year of introduction (15 years?). Not a single issue. Thousands of rounds, both commercail and handloads. Everything from 85gr to 147gr. I take it camping, abuse it, not 1 issue. Why would the owner of a pistol or carbine that is gaurenteed for life let anyone mess w/ it?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  8. Howdy

Howdy New Member

Howdy,
    the High Point carbine is the most bang for the buck I have ever had. I now have 2 of them. One is the old style and the other one is the new one with the tactical stock. Both are very accurate and trouble free. My old one is about 12 years old and has been perfect. I received it as a joke from my son at our deer cabin. I was subjected to much laughter because of the looks. After shooting it and letting the other hunters shoot it, within a year each one of them had one. They are a lot of fun and the warranty is great. I lost my bolt handle and let it sit in the closet for about 5 years. Just for the heck of it I called High Point and asked how much a new handle was. They asked for my s/n and within a week I had one in the mail for free. I was on their web site and saw a scope mount on one in a picture. I called and asked how much that was. Again they asked for my s/n and I had one in the mail for free. These things are warranted forever and made in the USA!!!!!! Have a goodun!!!!!!

9. ishotmyself

ishotmyself New Member

Fellow shooters thanks for the awesome post my brother bought it and is being deployed he offerd it and I want to jump however he lives in Texas im in Cali and not sure about the transfer I'm expecting problems one dealer said it is legal and one said no not legal.

10. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

The carbine is not legal in california because it has a pistol grip and detachable magazines.

11. BudW

BudW New Member

FT.Bliss ?

12. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have owned a Hi Point 45. Awesome gun for the money. People who say they are junk are people that have never owned one. They always talk about what they saw at the range or heard from a friend. But when it comes right down to it they usually have 0 first hand experience.

13. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

call a CA HI-Point dealer and ask

I'd suggest calling first, as the limitations may be conditional, like pistol grip but 8 round mag and no muzzle devices, you'd be out a longdistance telephone call to a Cali Hi-Point Dealer, Check my post thers a link of Cali Dealers of Hi-Point

they sell a reduced capacity mag for areas that restrict mag count, If they allow AR's and AK's in CA shurely they must allow Hi-Points.
    mabe adding a muzzle extension and recoil pad spacer to get past the length clause and reduced mag capacity.

I used to think the same thing about Hi-Points being crummy guns, I was given a 995 carbine that was blown up from firing reloads all I know is there was a ring of brass in the chamber and the extractor claw was missing, the factory said send it to them and they'd fix it and send it back, I mail'd the junker parcil post $14.73 and Hi-Point sent me back a like new gun with all the trimmings:D.......I only spent $14.73 to mail it, so basicly I had a 995 for the price of postage to send it to them, I dont matter if its blown up, drove over or been in a house fire, send them the remains and you get a new gun back:cool:
    Ive had it for 6 years here in Northwest Arctic Alaska and wouldnt think of parting with it unless to trade up in caliber to Hi-Point in .45acp

14. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  15. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

ProMag makes 15 rnd mags for the 9mm carbine. $15

16. locutus

I have about 15 years experience running a police range. I have a lot of experience with them. (from behind the bulletproof glass in the rangemaster's control booth.)

But I'll damned if I'll put one of those things up next to my face and actually fire it.

If you like it, then more power to you.

17. BudW

BudW New Member

What range iam in your area

18. BigErwin

BigErwin New Member

I'm looking at getting a hi-point carbine, what kind of problems have you seen with them?

19. 11bangbangjs

11bangbangjs New Member

I have owned the carbine and the pistol both in 9mm. Both were huge POS'. Nothing is smooth or right with the things. And yes they are legal in CA.

20. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

Like i said about my wife before i was married dont knock it till your try it. Yeah they are a bear to work on . but pistols and rifles alike are pretty good shooting weapons in my humble opinion fun little shooters. just saying

from a previous post on hi points

I have to agree i might crack jokes about them but that sir is one fine plinking pistol loved taking it to the range when ever i'd go. i have put 2000 rds through mine . I wanted to add that i did have a few hang ups here in there but nothing to wright home about.

Only problem i had with it was when i first bought it the firing pin broke and i took it back to were i bought it and they sent it away and fixed it free of charge and even sent me a few extra mags too boot.

How man post on hi points has there been i can recall a few of them.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012