Hunting with the .22LR

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Nathantc, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

here are two of my kills with my Performance Center S&W M&P 15-22

i only have two pix as of now but i would like to see more from others who hunt with this awesome lil rifle

the rifle and back up for predator hunting
    $1116.12 invested so far not including mags

[​IMG]

SCOPE MOUNT
    ONE PIECE 20MM PICATINNY RAIL DIA. 1" TORCH SCOPE MOUNT | eBay

Tasco World Class Riflescope 3-9x50
    Tasco World Class Riflescope 3-9x50 30/30 Matte 1" TADWC39X50N 046162080429 | eBay

Takedown & Pivot Pin
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Magazine Release Button
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Mag Magazine Catch

Foldable Foregrip & Bi-pod

Rapid Transition Sights

Thread Spacer

Ported Muzzle Brake Compensator 4.5"

Streamlight Long Gun Rail Mount

Streamlight SuperTac XL

Mako Group Long Rail Covers
    Mako Group Long Rail Covers - Set of Four - GM-RCL4 Weapon Accessories | eBay
    [​IMG]

121 yard kill at night

[​IMG]

55 yard kill at night "coyote not just a dog"
    no night time pic cause couldn't find till day light hit

[​IMG]

a better look at my back up iron sights
    http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...K--wholesalers.html?tracelog=back_to_detail_b

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  2. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

What kind of groups on paper do you get with that?

3. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

have never shot for groups yet,,, just sighted in on some wall nuts on the ground about 100 yards out under the wall nut tree we have out here,,,, i live on 20 acres out in the country and shoot right here at home,,, so i never go to a range

updated pic with new streamlight supertac and mount
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  4. ahole

ahole New Member

Is that a rabbit. And is that a flashlight used yes as a spotlight. I use a 1946 Remington speedmaster.

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

What kind of ammo are you using?

6. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

yes,,, that was with the streamlight TLR-1S and i could clearly see the rabbit at 121 yards,,,, here in tx its legal on non game animals
    https://simplytactical.com/product_info.php/products_id/73
    [​IMG]

i am now useing a streamlight supertac strobe with 200 lumen c4 led,,, this light is a beast,,,,
    http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/SP-001-SUPTAC.html
    [​IMG]

7. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

Federal 550 bulk pack from wal-mart 36g hollow point 1260fps
    [​IMG]

this is the most reliable ammo i have ever found for .22lr,,, accurate to my needs and never a miss fire,,, and im over 3k rounds thew this rifle and not one hiccup

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  8. ahole

ahole New Member

I would advise agianst advertising illegaly hunting game at night. Not smart move.

9. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

your not lawyer are u,,,, cause its legal on non game animals in texas,,, to stop trolling my thread

btw know it all

against *

illegally *

10. ahole

ahole New Member

Check your laws. Rabbit is a game;) animal.coyote how ever is. And yes I shoot coyote to.as fare as trolling goes it shows you don't pay much attention to the people in here.

11. ahole

ahole New Member

Correction to my last post coyote is not a game animal.

12. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

The only game animals in Texas are deer, antelope, sheep, squirrel, and javelina

I get coons, hog, rabbit, coyote, and when I have a valid furbearing license, fox, cougar, and bob cat..... I love night hunts and take it to heart to know my local laws about it,,, thanks though for bringing it up as its good for others to know that in some places its illegal to use artificial light for any hunt.

That's also why I stated I love "varmint" hunting at night,,, "varmint" meaning not game animal

Spotlighting on private land (with the owners permission) in Texas is legal. This DOES NOT include county roads and highways. Nor does it include game animals such as Deer. Non-game animals such as Rabbits, hogs, racoons, etc. are legal to spotlight. You must have a Texas hunting license even for non-game animals.

From the Texas Parks and Wildlife website....

"Non-protected nongame animals and fur-bearing animals may be hunted at night with the aid of an artificial light on private property. If hunting at night, please make a courtesy telephone call to your local game warden. "

13. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

You have over $1000 in a .22!?! That's some serious cash if I were you, I would by something for cheap like a ruger 10 22, and get a good quality 5.56 mm ar 15.

14. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

how about the 5.56 i have $3k invested
    [​IMG]

15. RustyShackleford101

Now you're talking! Who's it made by?

16. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

the large parts are

ASA upper and lower

Timney trigger

bushmaster varminter barrel and bolt body

asa carrier

extended 17" badger ordnance stabilizer hand guard

magpul prs stock

and many other odds and ins

but it started as a stainless bull barrel complete asa rifle

17. RustyShackleford101

Nice I've never been a "tacticool" shooter but I have a rock river ar 15in 5.56 it's got a blackhawk quad rail, and tango down battle grips. I don't run an optic. I use my ruger mini 14 more than the ar, the do pretty much the same thing.