Hunting vs vegitarian argument

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by bowhunter17, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bowhunter17

bowhunter17 New Member

am in an argument with a vegetarian that thinks that humans don't need meat anymore and that animals have a right to live and get scared and get hurt when they are shot. I have already explained to her carrying capacity and what happens when the carrying capacity overflows due to lack of hunting. I need some help to win this argument.

2. bowhunter17

bowhunter17 New Member

I need help winning this argument so that I can represent all ethical hunters

3. RUG3R44

RUG3R44 New Member

I doubt there is anything that can change her mind. Probably a waste of time and energy.Sorry.

4. scottmac

scottmac New Member

Point to the canine teeth (the pointy ones in the front corners) - those are meat-ripping teeth.

Humans are omnivorous, they eat anything (passing on some obvious jokes here) ... vegetation or meat.

OR, as the T-Shirt says: "Neener Neener! My food poops all over your food!!"

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Ask her why we have eye teeth and our eyes on the front of our heads. Humans are built to hunt. We are born predators.

6. RUG3R44

RUG3R44 New Member

I don't mean to be disrespectful but trying to use common sense and reasoning seldom works with animalrights/vegans/liberals. They tend to think with their emotions instead of reason. Then again I've been wrong before.

7. bowhunter17

bowhunter17 New Member

Ya. I noticed that gun owners typically use logic, facts, and statistics while anti gunners use only emotion. it's too bad that emotion is stronger than logic in the average person

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

It works exactly the same while trying to reason with a child.

9. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I think your probably pissing into the wind on this one. Arguing with most liberals is an exercise in futility, more often than not.
    "don't need to eat meat anymore": Implies that we needed to at one point. Why quit?
    Animal rights: No such thing. If the predator doesn't comprehend the right of the deer to live, is there an appeal process?

[​IMG]

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Never wrestle with a pig.

It wastes your time....and the pig enjoys it. :p

11. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Vegetarian; American Indian word. Translation "bad hunter"...;)

Don't argue with her, that's her choice and good for her. Just tell her your choice allows you to enjoy eating meat with your vegetables...

12. orangello

orangello New Member

You want to win the discussion? Kidnap the veggie and put them in a cage with a sedated bear; give them a large caliber revolver and some Rainbow Bright stickers; one way or the other, things will be resolved.

Maybe deep down, they just don't like the TASTE of meat? That's why I don't eat much meat; I don't like the taste. I don't mind killin it, guttin it, or grillin it, but I am not eating it (maybe bear, but just for spite).

DOES NOT! :p

13. od green

od green New Member

Does too !!! Tag your it !!!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  14. 10Ringer

10Ringer New Member

Well the talk about carrying capacity was would've won her if she had sense. She's close-minded. It's not worth your time.

15. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I hunt vegetarians.

16. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

DO NOT fight with her about it. Use facts and logic and then exit with poise. If she gets mean and nasty, she loses.

Don't argue with an idiot. they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

17. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

If animals weren't meant to be eaten, then why are they made out of meat?

18. unclebear

unclebear New Member

From my experience when name calling hits they already lost. Near were I live we have a nature reserve a few years ago because they wouldn't let any hunt there the deer pop go so out of control that deer were forced to start drinking stagnate water and they would get sick. I don't know what the actual name of it is but we called it blue tung basically what would happen is the deer would rot from the inside out. It was painful slow and usually took a good week of suffering before they would die. So now they hold a raffle every year to give so many people the chance to hunt.

I know you already did the pop argument but it's just more ammo for your argument.

19. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Do humans need meat? Probably not. There are plenty of veggies out there that can provide the fat and protein we need, and modern science has helped us identify them. Do humans want meat? Of course we do, it's in our nature. We have canine teeth for a reason, and shredding lettuce isn't it.

As for trying to convince your vegetarian friend that your side of the argument is valid, let me pass on some advice. In the words of George Carlin, "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Oh yeah. One more thing. I assume your friend is doing this to reduce the impurities in their body. If they are like most vegetarians I have known, they probably enjoy a good glass of wine to wash down their tofu. Please explain to them that alcohol is a toxin, and they are slowly killing themselves.

20. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Dude-YOU LOSE!!

As soon as you begin arguing with a woman, you have lost!

Just agree with her, then go out and have a double-cheese burger and a cold beer and find someone that ain't that loopy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do we eat me - BECAUSE WE CAN!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.