Hunting permission?

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by stalkingbear, Sep 20, 2010.

1. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Anybody here fairly close to me have access to private hunting land and a vacant spot for another hunter? I need land to hunt on and am willing to pay or go in on a lease if I have to. I'm not crazy about hunting on public land. Please respond or PM me if you do. I'm in Marion Co, about 1 hour south of Louisville. Thanks in advance, Neil

Mods-if this is in the wrong section please move.

2. Angry_bald_guy

Angry_bald_guy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey bear, I might be able to help you out if you are willing to help me out. I need to talk to my Grandpa, but I believe he may be willing to let you use his land on the mountain down in the Cumberland Gap area. It should only be about 2 or 3 hours from you. The condition is that you take me with you.

3. stalkingbear

I'd be delighted to! Will you be needing to borrow a deer rifle or do you already have your own?

4. Angry_bald_guy

I've got my Mossberg .308 that should do the job. I warn you now though, I've never been hunting.

5. stalkingbear

Everybody's got to learn sometime. I enjoy teaching new people to shoot & hunt. How many acres does he have?

6. stalkingbear

Darrel, have you got your hunter's safety education card yet? If not you'll need to get that.

7. Angry_bald_guy

I still need to call him and talk to him, but I know it's a decent amount up on top of the mountain. He raises cows and horses up there, I believe.

8. Angry_bald_guy

No I haven't, what do I need to do for that?

9. stalkingbear

10. Angry_bald_guy

Ok, the next course is on the 2nd. I should be able to get that taken care of.

11. stalkingbear

Bump to the top. I still need permission close in to me so I can take my daughter out.

12. Leatherneck1775

Leatherneck1775 New Member

sorry I live to far away to help. But good luck and have fun with Darrel. wish I could join ya.

13. stalkingbear

Nobody in Ky willing to let a ol gimp hunt deer?

14. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

I tell you what Bear if I was in Kentucky I sure would let you hunt on my property!! I hate I don't live closer to ya!! :)