Hunter mistakes man for deer

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by danf_fl, Feb 18, 2014.

1. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

6 billion people on the planet and 5.5 billion of them are idiots.

2. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I don`t think I want to hunt anywhere near that guy !................

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

He should run for Vice President.

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

That is why I stopped hunting. I did not have access to private land and there were too many idiots. A guy I worked with had his horse shot out from under him on his own land by "hunters" trespassing. They went to jail. The land was posted because shots had hit his house.I have seen some really stupid stuff out there. I do remember one shooting where one guy shot his hunting partner out of a tree. I have yet to see a deer in a tree. It turned out the dead hunter was having sex with the shooter wife and he found out about it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  5. ams556

ams556 New Member

I can't believe this. Twice?

I think there has to be more to the story.

Hunter was legally blind? Hunter having affair with victims wife? Idk just don't add up too me.

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The chances of being shot while hunting in America ranks slightly below being struck by lightning. The chances of being shot at your ATM is greater. The media and public never misses a chance to point out the dangers of firearms. The animal rights people actually sees a wounded hunter as a victory. Another view on the "Dangers" of hunting.:)

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dumb Azz! To shoot at anything you cannot visually identify is just stupid. He should have a lifetime revocation of his hunting license. A guy I know shot his father in-law's cow while deer hunting on daddy's land. Yup, he is a dumb azz too.

8. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

About 40 years ago i was a volunteer on a rescue squad in southern MD. First day of deer season we had two calls where hunters were negligently shot by other hunters. Only shotguns and slugs are legal during deer season in southern MD. One of those hunters died enroute to the hospital, the other survived. The idiot who shot the second hunter approached him after the shot and then ran away. The prosecutor went after the guy who killed the hunter with a vengeance. He went to Jessup prison for 25 years.

9. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

This has happened for many many years. This is why hunters first were required to wear red and it was changed to make them wear blaze orange. Really not much different then people killing others with cars. Stupid people can be found everywhere.

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Wearing Hunter Orange to reduce vision related accidents is used in 40 states. There are 10 states in which it is only voluntary.:)

11. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Deer don't make turkey sounds. :confused:

12. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

This guy is stupid. As indicated he should better identify what he is shooting at.

Side note:
    But it does make me wonder when I watch hunting specials on TV when they carry their prize racks on their shoulders - who is really stupid? Just a thought :)

13. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

"Man or deer"? "Deer", BANG! Really happened in WI about 30 years ago.

14. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I never understood these stories because I could never figure out why the idiot shooter rushed the shot. Usually there's plenty or time to aim and fire - at least enough to make sure it's a deer! Then, it happened to me...

An older neighbor and I were hunting in the Sierra Nevada mountains in CA. It wasn't opening day, we were wearing orange safety vests and we were nowhere near camp. We had flushed a buck and tracked him for about 45 minutes to get a clean shot (We both would rather lose the kill than risk wounding an animal.) and my partner was lining up the shot and just about to pull the trigger when, about 30 yards behind us we heard BANG and then heard the bullet whiz between our heads! Another hunter had followed us and tried to poach the shot by splitting the width between our heads. He missed the deer, and my neighbor, the most gentle and soft-spoken man I ever knew, chased him all the way back to camp. He didn't get the license plate and no one knew who he was so he got away. My neighbor was going to have him charged with attempted homicide if he could!

It made me realize the true meaning of "Expect the unexpected."

15. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I knew it! It's the elusive North American Tree Deer! And everyone called me crazy...

16. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

if you can't clearly identify the difference between a man and wild game, you have NO BUSINESS taking the shot.

no excuses for this type of sh*t. ever. period!

17. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

I can not speak for the rest of the US but here in East, farmer's write "COW" on their livestock and still lose a few every year. :p

I wrote a psy paper on this once and long story short - Human Perception is subjective & selective. People have a tendency to not only see what they want to see but hear what they want to hear.

18. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Since the implementation of Hunter Safety Training in 1988 accidents have dropped. The incident of hunting accidents have been reduced by 25%. It is one of the safest sports. But then it involves those horrible firearms. This is red meat for the anti-hunting anti-gun news media.:(

19. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

I have about 900 acres of government land around my little 40 acres, I don't even do rifle anymore during the deer season because when you go up the tree in your climbmer and look out it looks like a damn pumkin patch! and 2/3 of them don't even shoot a gun until deer season and they are always wounding deer because the idiots can't shoot, plus they think they are Mr. badass hunter walking through the woods hoping to jump a deer that their *** counldn't hit if their life depended on it. its a damn circus so I just sit on the damn porch and shoot them after all the idiots run them my way, I never use to do that but it is inpossible almost in Missouri to take your family out hunting without the damn city folks(some of them) doing the I want to shoot a deer **** and screwing everybodies hunt up and not to mention shooting at humans that look like deer to them because when their father Made them most of the sperm must of run down mommies leg. sorry excuss in today's society. I will just stay on the porch! :mad: