Firearms Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this rifle brand new. FTF every time I go to chamber a round. It's like it's trying to double feed

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have read about a couple of people encountering similar issues with this rifle in 12 gauge. Although, most people seem to be very pleased with theirs. I'm relatively new to shotguns. This being only the second one I have owned. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Floor Flooring Composite material Wood Human leg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
So which is it, a rifle or a shotgun? (TIC)
Is it failing to feed or failing to fire?

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
I love my 20 ga Mossberg shotgun. I have yet to try a 20 ga rifle. Apparently they don't work so good.

All jokes aside I would just send it back to H&R. You wouldn't expect them to ship a gun with a broken shell stop. If you call they should send a prepaid label to ship the shotgun to a repair center. If you threw the box away ask for a box when you inquire about a shipping label.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha pretty funny...
Any way, its failing to feed. Sometimes its not even pulling the shell out of the tube when I pull the pump back. I guess ill just send it in. Thanks. I think

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Probably not pulling it back all the way. Sometimes you'll want to put some elbow grease into the first few pumps. If that doesn't work, try different ammo. Federal is my favorite.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the 12 gauge version of that gun. Don't know if this is your problem but I was told on mine don't baby the action on i. Work the action like you mean business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts