HP won't fix soldier's printer

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by lonyaeger, Nov 24, 2010.

1. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I'd like to get your opinions on this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmGjq3cLG1g]YouTube - Soldier vs HP Printer[/ame]

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Sorry to hear that HP wouldn't step up and help this soldier. Any way we could find out who he is and get him a new one?

Loved the video though ;)

3. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I'd love to help...

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I think the video is about three years old.

5. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Don't buy Inkjet printers. EVER! Spend the money and get a laserjet.

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

But if you do make the mistake of buying an inkjet, be sure to use up about $100 worth of ammo to make your point!

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

inkjet printers are good for what they are used for.

Inkjets shine with pictures. Laser printers are the cats ass for high volume low overhead printing.

To give you a point. I have Richo C420DN network color laser printers 2 of them. They can't print on photo paper at all. I also have 3 HP Business inkjet 2300 network printers and a HP Business inkjet 2800 photo printer. That prints great prints the 2300 are crap they work half the time and they use a ton of ink.

The Inkjet prints a color page for about $.78 per page. My ricoh colors print a color page for about $.25 cents. That is a $.50 savings per page. That adds up to a lot over time.
    My Ricoh AP610n Network black and white printers print a page for aprox $.15 per page vs $.65 for inkjet. My toner for the 420 and the 610 go for aprox 10k pages ink last 2k pages.

What would I get for home use an inkjet. For a business would be a laser all the way.

8. SecPro

SecPro New Member

Somewhere around there. I know it's been circulating for a while.

9. vic40204

vic40204 New Member

This should be on national news outlets!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

I have a HP laptop. I will never buy another HP product again.
    It costs like 200$ for a years worth of phone help. The lowest is 6 months of help and that costs 100$. However, they wont tell you about the 6 month deal right of the bat......

HP is a horrible company. My laptop has a serious design flaw that causes the hinges to crack. I have had it for almost 2 years and this will be the third time I have had to replace the hinges. Oh, and did I mention that HP will only sell the entire top half? Yeah, 130$! I buy them from a website that distributes PC parts. I think I spend 20$ for 2 hinges.
    lol, what a joke of a company.

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Why please tell?

12. orangello

orangello New Member

I understand his frustration & applaud his video. I almost threw a lexmark all-in-one out of my 3rd floor apartment window once; a friend happened by and agreed to remove that satanic POS (kinda fuzzy on the removal part, see people nip).

How did i end up with it, Christmas present. Yup, some loving relative spent money to get me a printer/fax/scanner/annoyance-from-HELL only to end up giving me a migraine and costing me a good $75 in people nip. I hate exchanging gifts, mostly the getting part (getting gifts at overcrowded stores, getting stressed by crowds or shipping policies, getting people stuff they might not like/need, and lastly getting useless crap that drives me nuts from people with only good intentions). Can't we all just eat some food & hang out?

13. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Boy I'd love to do that to my samsung all in one some days.

This thing drives me nutty, I'm constantly having to turn it off and restart it.

14. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Inkjets are fine for photos, but Costco, Walmart, Snapfish, Ritz are all better quality and cheaper and they never get low on yellow ink and refuse to print your black text because of it. All in one's do everything but they don't do it well and they are notoriously unreliable.

I understand this guy is in Iraq so getting 3 or 4 devices is unreasonable and would be to costly. However, I still stand by my original statement, buy the laserjet all in one, it's worth the extra money, especially when you consider that most people buying an all in one are not using it to print out high res photos.

15. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Amazing how the thread has morphed into a discussion about printers. Not the responses I expected.....but carry on!

16. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

Me either, I expected vows of never buying a POS HP product.

17. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I feel for the guy but not enough info is provided to knock HP. Was it out of warranty, what was the problem exactly? my boss in the guard has asked me to troubleshoot his printer that is out of paper.

18. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

So far I've had not problems with the wireless inkjet I use (after I gave it a "permanent" address on my network). The old laserjet 4M I have has not given me any problems.

19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Yeah, forget the printer. I wanna know what kind of gun that was he was shooting? I want to shoot one!! :D