how's your 10/22 set up?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by krisko09, Jun 28, 2012.

1. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

What stock, barrel, trigger group, scope, bipod/monopod, etc are y'all rockin' on ur 10/22's?? Let's see some pictures of these beaut's!

If ya wanna get into detail and list prices (for those of us who are always in the market for new accessories) feel free :cool:

2. fupuk

fupuk New Member

This is actually my sons Christmas present last year. Just stock right now, he wants to add a scope on it. But i told him he has to get good with iron sights before i add a scope. He can hit shotgun shells at 40 yards most of the time. Hes only eight so hes got alot of room to grow.

Attached Files:

3. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Sorry for the picture of my son, my phone loaded two pictures insted of the rifle.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

My standard 1985 10/22 with facog. $289 all together. I can easily blow out the X rapid fire at 50 yards. The only thing I've done to it so far is modify the bolt hold back to automatically release by pulling back on the bolt.

Attached Files:

5. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

You get that duracoated in MARPAT?

6. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

I'm at work so no pic....

"Stainless" 1022- Ok so the thing is really painted
    Butler creek 20" stainless barrel fluted with compensator slots at muzzel. around $100
    Butler creek composite monte carlo stock with integrated bipod About$60
    Leupold gold ring 3-9x42 scope ( I think it's 42 diameter) Over $200 ;)
    Volquartzen 2000 trigger group on sale for under $150
    Volquartzen buffer $10
    Volquartzen charging handle & spring group $30
    Volquartzen exact extractor $ cheap

the barrel & stock done at time of purchase around 2003
    the volquartzen items done in 2012

15 plus bricks of bulk ammo through her over the years= Lots of nice relaxing weekendds

Curlyjoe

7. RufusTFirefly

RufusTFirefly New Member

I bought mine new in 1978, and it's still completely 100% stock original. No bells and whistles. I like 'em that way.

8. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I actually bought it stock that way. Its a dealer specific color i guess? The guy at my lgs said they got three of them in, so i bought one of them. Its fun to shoot, and my son loves it.

9. s13marine

s13marine New Member

Pretty basic setup. NikkoStirling Mountmaster on weaver rails and double ring mounts. Everything else is factory. Only thing I'm going to change is installation of sling swivels for a nice 2 point.
    [​IMG]

10. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Mine is stock. No changes.

11. Biggjimm

Biggjimm New Member

My 10/22 started out life as a '88 model SS carbine all metal & wrapped in a nice birch stock. It was my go to squirrel gun. Then I decided to refinish the stock. That was just the beginning of my quest for the ultimate 10/22. I have stripped the reciever & trigger housing & lightly sanded them to get the texture I wanted & re-finished them with automotive grade clear coat. I found a really in depth tutorial somewhere online (I think at rimfire central) & tuned my trigger & sear myself & it's right at 2.5 lbs & nice & crisp, I stoned, honed & polished all the sear, disconnect & hammer surfaces, radiused & polished the trigger plunger, chamfered & polished the bolt, nylon bolt buffer, exact edge extractor, VQ firing pin that's been pinned, polished the guide spring rod, added a shooters ridge 18" fluted SS bull barrel with Bentz match chamber, Boyd's laminated thumb hole stock, full floated the barrel with pressure point, have my choice of 3-9X32 silver bushnell scope on a weaver rail or Red Dot, which ever is appropriate for what I'm shooting. I think that covers everything. I am currently looking for a set of fiber optic sights that will mount on a .920" bull barrel but I'm having trouble finding some. It's too nice to drag in the woods now so I've picked up a nice Remington 597 semi auto with composite stock & heavy barrel to hunt squirrells with. I also have a Ruger mark lll 22-45 that I plan to hunt with this fall.

12. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Like a lame-o i have a bbl. Match trigger. Hogue stock and nikon rimfire scope

13. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Built up over time so my wallet did not hurt. Kidd barrel. Jard 1lb trigger assembly, boyds stock, bsa tmd 30mm tube 6-24x44 scope bedded and blocked

14. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

Replica M1 Carbine stock, Custom Power hammer and springs, Barska red dot, flash hider. It's more than 25 years old and still accurate. I love it!

15. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

It's exactly like it was bought back in 1986

16. lilbailnick

lilbailnick New Member

How do go about doing that, so your bolt will release upon pulling back on handle?.... Thanks

17. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I had before and after pics but I lost them when my phone crapped out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY3BFyknLzo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    This shows the part pretty clearly. If you need further directions on disassembling just check out the related videos. If you have any questions don't be a afraid to ask.

18. Biggjimm

Biggjimm New Member

Lilbailnick, when you take the bolt lock/release plate out of your rifle there's a heart shaped hole in it at the top. You grind or file the peak out of the top of it do it's no longer heart shaped. You can't just file it flat though it needs to have a little curve to it. Go to http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=533 There's a how too with pics plus a lot of other tips & useful info on 10/22's

19. bwraven

bwraven New Member

Here are a couple of my set-ups:

Rhineland Arms Rail furniture on left, AGP Takedown kit on right:

[​IMG]

Rhineland Arms Para furniture:

[​IMG]

20. 1022sniper

1022sniper New Member

Mine is set up to tack drive at 50 yards

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012