How's the Rossi Circuit Judge?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Gizord1, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

So today I went to one of the largest local gun shops around here.
    This place is well-known for their awesome firearms (I noticed today that they had a .22 AR, a supressed Uzi, 3 desert eagles, 2 S&W 500s, about 5 Taurus judges, and a TON of rifles and shotguns, including a .50 cal).
    Anyways, I asked about a part for a friends rifle, they didn't have it, so we just BSed some. I noticed they had a circuit judge on the wall. I have seen them online and thought about looking into one. I like the .45/.410 versatility, and I like revolvers, so that put into a carbine form is genius, to me. I took a look at it and it felt amazingly right. I also expected it to be somewhat heavy and long, but this one wasn't more than 5 pounds and maybe 3 feet long. They had it for $500, which doesn't sound bad for the current buying panic. Does anyone own one, and can give their input on it?
    Is it really a great firearms for the price?

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

From birdshot to buckshot and .45 Colt. It is an extremely versatile rifle. And revolvers are reliable, too.

3. gunlinn

gunlinn New Member

I debated on this and the rio grande lever action for a while. I went with the lever but researched both. I think it makes a diff in what you are going to use it for. I know the pattern with 410 shot spread very fast and wide even at 15 yards. I read the 45 had problems with key holing but may have been resolved with newer models.. I felt the problem was that they say its a rifled barrel but when you want to shoot the 45 s in it you have to screw a choke into the barrel,,, and that choke is rifled..??? I don't know how accurate the circuit judge is but I've had very good reliability with my rio grande, it's very accurate with rifled slugs as well. And maybe the judge is too.

4. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

I hope so.
    I think I'll look into one after the buying panic is over. It felt incredible. It fit perfectly and the light weight and short-ish barrel made it feel just like a large handgun, which it practically is.

5. gunlinn

gunlinn New Member

Indeed... Hell, even with the short barrel I take my 410 small game hunting.. I've had good luck with it. But do carry my single six in case of a bit longer shot.. I've held the circuit judge and your right, fits like a glove

6. AR10

AR10 New Member

While thinking about this, if you like the pistol feel, look at a Rossi Ranch Hand

7. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

I've seen that, too. I would like to shoot one for fun, but I like the circuit judge, more.

8. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Where is what?

9. thecollecter

thecollecter New Member

The store you were talking about

10. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Gulfport, Mississippi

11. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

I've fired one on a porcupine. It was pretty messy. I liked the gun and it handled nice, but it's not on my shopping list, I just don't have a niche for it ( although most of my guns are nicheless). I'd recommend getting the wooden stocked variety. I personally don't dig the tacticool version.

12. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Same here. All these new black, "tacticool" guns look like crap to me. If I ever get an AR, I'm sure as hell not slapping 15 rails on it, with 3 sights, a laser, and two flashlights. I prefer wood and steel

13. RustyShackleford101

Yeah, Im not in the tactical crowd or traditionalist crowd. I honestly could shoot a Brown Bess or an AR and still love very second of it.

14. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Now I'm not strictly wood furniture guns, I like some with modern looks (like the desert eagle, the Uzi, etc.), but I can't stand how people get a new gun and immediately slap rails all over it and a scope. I have seen a picture of a .30-30 Winchester lever action with rails, a red dot, and a flashlight. Poor gun...

15. RustyShackleford101

I Know right! The thing served people fine for over 106 years! Now mossberg beets to tacticalize it. Too bad.