Firearms Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's cracking everyone? I saw an ad for this forum and figured I'd join up because I always enjoy talking guns. My collection isn't huge right now, I've got an Enfield No.4 MK I, German K98, Russian M44, M1 Garand, Yugo SKS, Ruger Old Army Revolver, Remington 1100 LT20 (my skeet/trap gun) and a Savage 17 HMR. My other to passions/money pits are playing guitar and building up my 85 Jeep CJ7.

I'll put up some pics later.

-Josh

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some pics:

The pics are kind of crappy because my camera is really crappy.

And my Jeep:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I think milsurp collecting is one of the best ways to irritate the gun grabbers! You said you had a small collection, but I believe you're over the average.

In fact, I think the Brady's probably have you on a watch list already!!!:D

Your pictures are fine, the hardest part of taking gun photos is having enough light. It seems OK when you're taking the photo, but you need more than one source of light. Just a flash in an ambient lighted room isn't enough. Either take them outside and shoot in shade or in afternoon light. To avoid flash glare, remember "angle of incidence equals angle of reflection." Don't take a flash picture straight on, that leads to the bright spot. Shoot at an angle so the flash bounces away from the camera lens.

Good shooting...in more ways than one.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha ha you are right about us milsurp guys. Thanks for the advice with the pics, I'm always standing over em with the camera in one hand and a light in the other. It really is the lighting that makes the pic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah some people call me crazy Im 13 and I have A m44, two 22.'s, and a 38.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts